Cardinal Health Value Stream Team Leader in Augusta, Georgia
The Value Stream Team Leader, who works under the direction of a Production Supervisor, provides leadership to a diverse team of employees, coordinates work assignments to meet production schedules, assists in department and individual performance, ensures compliance with CGMP regulations, ISO, FDA, OSHA safety regulations, and investigates and acts upon production related quality issues. Team size can vary and is comprised of one or more “cells” of machines. The Team Leader will be trained in, and will follow written procedures and oral instructions for work to be performed. Job performance will be based upon pre-determined criteria for quality of work and productivity, as well as attendance, company policies and procedures, safety performance, and standards of conduct.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Perform any or all of the following functions as assigned:
• Guide and assist the employees in problem identification, problem solving and implementing continuous improvement measures.
• Encourage and support employees in improving processes and performance metrics.
• Assist employees in achieving expected standards in the areas of safety, quality, delivery, productivity and cost.
• Develop and train employees on team.
• Address problems as they arise.
• Drive continuous improvement.
• Hold daily tier meetings at work area.
• Maintain open, honest and effective communication style and channels.
• Communicate with counterparts regarding key metrics and departmental issues.
• Coordinate daily work assignments and hold daily tier meetings with operators within the department to review production metrics and issues.
• Ensure effective communication processes are followed.
• Refer all questionable work conditions to Supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
Following Procedures & Standard Work
• Provide direction, instruction, training and audit adherence to standard operating procedures.
• Support Supervisor to provide training process as needed.
• Lead team efforts for following standardized work.
• Address standard work variances to help solve problems and concerns.
• Complete lot acceptance activities for assigned assembly cell.
• Maintain work areas and tools according to visual management and 5S Standards.
• Ensure 5S process is followed, continuously improve area and provide support to operators to ensure required action items occur.
• Facilitate a continuous improvement culture by instilling Plan, Do, Check, Act, and root cause corrective action methodology to eliminate waste.
• Support the implementation of continuous improvement actions, participate in continuous improvement events and knowledge sharing.
Rapid Problem Solving
• Provide first line of defense for problem solving.
• Participate in root cause analysis.
• Initiate escalation process.
• Drive safe operation, set-up, repair, preventive maintenance, and the regulation of machine cycles, to meet production metrics.
• Assist employees as necessary to maintain required production, complete repairs, preventive maintenance and changeovers.
• Collaborate with technical personnel for installation, repairs, adjustments and process improvements.
• Participate in TPM, SMED maintenance and improvement.
Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) is a major cornerstone of this Company’s beliefs. Working safely and protecting the environment are an essential part of an employee’s job performance and all employees are responsible for adhering to plant EHS policies/procedures, report hazardous conditions or risks follow department EHS rules, PPE requirements, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP’s), ISO 13485 regulations and Good Housekeeping procedures. All employees shall operate in a manner that protects the health and safety of its employees/visitors and operate in a manner that conserves energy, natural resources and protects the environment. In addition, all safety related incidents, no matter how slight, must be reported immediately.
This job description is a general description of essential job functions. It is not intended to describe all duties someone in this position may perform. All employees are expected to perform tasks as assigned by supervisory/management personnel, regardless of job title or routine job duties.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.