Cardinal Health VP of IT, Data Management and Reporting in Brentwood, Tennessee
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for naviHealth overall Data Management and Reporting strategy, including intake, business rules-based transformation, data governance/integrity, architecture, and customer tools/applications in accordance with the company’s business goals and objectives and in a manner that maximizes utility for customers.
Lead Data Exchange, Data Warehouse, Reporting/Analytics, and Data Governance functional areas, spanning team of 35 – 40 resources, focusing on business needs alignment and exceptional customer service. Specific areas of ownership include:
Enterprise reporting, self-service solutions, internal analytics presentation and visualization,
- External client analytics solutions (SaaS) for 10,000 customers.
- Data governance strategy, awareness, and initiatives execution.
- Management of intake for all incoming and outgoing organizational data including claims, census, provider, eligibility, EMR, extracts, reports, and other pertinent data sets.
- Overall DW/BI Strategy and related execution.
- Build/develop teams to assure correct skills are brought to bear, are correctly aligned, and that related business risk is appropriately mitigated.
- Facilitate technical solutions design that supports execution, satisfies business requirements, and facilitates intended value delivery.
- Responsible for product development life cycle and related execution of all data-based IT solutions in alignment with overall naviHealth product strategy and enterprise portfolio management processes.
- Evaluate/recommend/implement tools, processes, and solutions that maximize execution efficiency of team and assure delivery expectations are met.
- Facilitate collaboration within IT and across all departments within the organization. Ability to manage up and across an organization, setting clear expectations, driving alignment, and establishing relationships of trust based upon consistent execution and exceptional customer service.
- 10+ years minimum of demonstrable strategic IT leadership experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or related field. Master’s degree in related discipline preferred.
- Experience with leading teams producing reporting/analytics products including foundational data models and data warehouses
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing IT teams to build ETL, EDI, and databases.
- Experience with Third-Party reporting tools such as Business Objects, Cognos, Tableau, Qlik.
- Proven pragmatic experience with various execution disciplines including SDLC, Portfolio Management, Project Management, Product Development, etc.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and execute.
Personal Characteristics :
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal and ability to articulate a clear vision and represent it convincingly
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, and analytical skills
- Unquestionable ethics and personal integrity
- Strong organizational, planning, and prioritization skills
- Strategic thinker, hands-on manager, and leader capable of being a team player in every respect
- Unique ability to set an example for performance through personal action to influence or drive change at strategic & tactical levels
- Ability to be a self-starter, direct communicator with an innate sense of when to use strong hands-on management as required
NaviHealth partners with health plans, health systems and post-acute providers to manage the entire continuum of post-acute care. We utilize evidence-based protocols to optimize care and bundled payment methodologies to align all stakeholders. The result: optimized care and outcomes, reduced inpatient days, reduced hospital readmissions, and increased patient satisfaction.
NaviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.