Cardinal Health Production Supervisor - 1st shift in Chicopee, Massachusetts
Manufacturing Supervisor Job Desc
What a Manufacturing Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Manufacturing Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Manufacturing function.
Careers That Change Lives:
The Minimally Invasive Therapies Group strives to enable earlier diagnosis, better treatment, faster complication-free recovery, and enhanced patient outcomes through less invasive surgical solutions.
PATIENT MONITORING AND RECOVERY focuses on improving outcomes associated with respiratory compromise, deep vein thrombosis, nutritional insufficiency, and healthcare associated infections.
Do meaningful work, make a difference, and improve lives — starting with your own.
Click here to see an overview of one of the products you will be working
A Day in the Life:
- Motivate a diverse team of employees through empowerment and leading by example in manufacturing that is mechanized, manual and semi-manual.
- Encourage professional development of 2 supervisors that will report to you. Agree on goals, motivate, monitor and provide guidance on individual performance, and recognize and invest in your team’s success.
- Evaluate department work assignments, removing obstacles to the success of the associates, safety, quality, production, lean and continuous improvement goals.
- Focus on documentation of department policies and procedures and ensure compliance with CGMP regulations, ISO, FDA, OSHA safety regulations and company human resources policies.
- Collaborate effectively with management staff to ensure the department operates in a safe and cost-effective manner.
- Anticipate and prevent production problems by partnering with Maintenance, Engineering, Quality and the Master Scheduler.
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Associate's Degree or higher or equivalent experience
- 4 or more years of leadership experience in regulated manufacturing
- Accountability in the assigned area, focusing on quality, prioritizing and planning, goal setting, continuous improvement and Lean
- Ability to express ideas clearly both in written and oral communications
- Demonstrated ability to supervise diverse groups of people and empower them
- Demonstrated innovation and creative problem solving
- Demonstrated versatility and foresight of any issues effecting manufacturing, quality or safety
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
- Medical device experience
- 2-5 or more years of experience as a manufacturing supervisor
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Coordinates and supervises the daily activities of operations, or business support staff
- Administers and executes policies and procedures
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a direct impact on work unit operations and customers
- Frequently interacts with subordinates, customers and peer groups at various management levels
- Interactions normally involve information exchange and basic problem resolution
PHYSICAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this position, but they are not an exhaustive list of all the required responsibilities and skills of this position. The physical demands described within the Day in the Life section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.