Cardinal Health Advisor, Data Analytics, Inventory Management – Pharmaceutical in Dublin, Ohio
What Inventory Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Inventory Management is accountable for the design and execution of demand planning and customer forecasting systems; supply planning, product deployment and expediting processes; and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of universally accepted inventory management concepts and applicable SOPs.
- Independently analyzes customer demand, interprets trends and initiates needed changes.
- Creates, approves and implements SOPs.
- Applies theories to optimize forecasting, purchasing and inventory systems.
- Uses data mining and analysis tools.
- Recommends and implements solutions to optimize inventory investment and maximize customer satisfaction.
Accountabilities in this role
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances globally; negotiates to build broad-based support and/or persuades others in order to influence important outcomes.
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions, services and products; manages monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
- Develops and implements supply chain integration strategies with focus on strategic inventory investment and service level optimization based on key analytical indicators of demand, supply and demographics.
- Looks to best industry practices from the outside and looks to create a more efficient healthcare supply chain based on insights gained from analytics and data mining.
- Develops supply chain models for non-traditional Business Units.
- Creates and manages inventory and customer service metrics for non-traditional Business Units.
- Manages project plan management for supply chain optimization initiatives.
As a member of the Inventory Optimization Team within Cardinal Health’s Pharmaceutical Distribution business, you will be held accountable to the following (within the identified competencies):
- Collects basic information needed to analyze a problem, situation or issue.
- Performs routine or basic analysis, following the correct steps and using the appropriate tools, observing and seeking guidance from senior staff when necessary.
- Identifies basicimplications/conclusionsfrom the logical analysis of a routine situation or issue.
- Builds standard operating procedures for key demand movement activities.
- Supports operations on key customer alignment initiatives.
- Leads demand accuracy initiatives to ensure system is adjusted for changes.
Building Collaborative Relationships:
- Works to build strong relationships within Cardinal Health.
- Learns to consider the viewpoints of others; understands the value of collaboration.
- Establishes an internal network of colleagues and/or key partners.
- Supports analytics for non-traditional Pharma business units.
- Owns inventory and service metrics for non-traditional business units.
- Creates diagnostic metrics to prevent disruptions to customers.
- Documents SOP.
- Develops projected impact of system changes / holiday planning for operations.
Results Measurements and Commitment:
- Has passion for results and achievements within the scope of assigned projects.
- Effectively communicates status, obstacles, and works with leadership to execute to planned dates and commitments.
- Bachelor degree in Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain, Analytics, Project Management, or related field; or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years’ experience.
- Ability to compile, interpret and analyze data to draw conclusions.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Knowledge of SQL.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.