Cardinal Health Counsel, Comm/Trans in Dublin, Ohio
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
What Commercial/Transactions Attorney contributes to Cardinal Health
Thecommercial/transactionlegal group is responsible for providing legal advice, counsel and services to Cardinal Health’s domestic and international businesses related to Cardinal Health’s customer, vendor, supplier, and other strategic relationships. Thecommercial/transactionlegal group drafts and negotiates contracts, participates in and provides input on business strategy, and otherwise acts as the primary day-to-day legal support for the business clients.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Provides legal advice to business clients based on advanced knowledge ofcommercial/transactionallaws, and healthcare laws and regulations
- Has exceptional contract drafting and negotiating skills
- Identifies and assesses business and legal risks
- Demonstrates excellent communication skills and ability to provide business clients with clear and precise guidance on business and legal risks
- Develops and conducts legal and contract training to business clients
- Identifies key stakeholders within the business and consults with them regarding legal and business risks
- Seeks input and expertise from other in-house lawyers and outside counsel and provides guidance to the business based on discussions with subject-matter experts.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Legal for functional success
- Understands complex legal and business situations and discerns relevant versus non-relevant facts and information;
- Collaborates with others and builds knowledge of business and key stakeholders;
- Service oriented work ethic with a focus on exceeding customer and business clients’ expectations;
- Proactively develops and maintains legal knowledge in specialized area(s), remaining up-to-date on current regulations, cases, trends and best practices;
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless services levels; and
- Communicates in a professional and persuasive manner and has appropriate support and substantiation for legal advice and recommendations.
Accountabilities in this role
- Provide exceptional legal advice and guidance to business clients
- Draft and negotiate contracts
- Handle fast paced and high volume workload
- Identify issues and legal and business risks and escalate appropriately
- Maintain an organized and service oriented practice
- Effectively communicate with all levels of the Cardinal Health organization
- Identify and collaborate with subject matter experts
- Demonstrate knowledge of general commercial and healthcare law
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and efficiencies
- J.D. with a record of high academic achievement in the undergraduate level and in law school
- 3 – 5 years in related field, preferred in a large complex organization.
- Experience in healthcare regulations specifically the Federal Anti-Kickback Statute and False Claims Act
- Excellent oral and written communication skills; acute attention to detail.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, including diplomacy and flexibility, and the ability to interface effectively and engender trust and confidence with personnel at many different levels throughout the company
- Enthusiasm and "self-starter" qualities enabling him or her to manage responsibilities with an appropriate sense of urgency; the ability to function effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Business acumen, including a well-developed understanding of business and commerce and the ability to diagnose corporate legal problems and present positive, creative solutions and alternatives
- Ability to travel
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.