Cardinal Health Development Manager in Dublin, Ohio
Development Managers function within an Agile development environment by managing the activity of one or more development teams in meeting the objectives of developing products that will bring healthcare and technologies together to transform healthcare into a safer and more cost-effective industry.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Servant Leader responsible for managing/coaching agile software development teams in delivery of software products to market.
- Partners with stakeholders and the development team to establish a product roadmap and ensures there is a shared understanding of product/business requirements, while meeting established standards, procedures, and practices.
- Partners with stakeholders to establish and manage expectations around milestones and schedule, owning issues, risks, and mitigation plans.
- Leads their team to be truly awesome, by being students of healthcare, mastering their craft, and flexing outside their roles.
- Ensures that software development teams have the resources in place that they need to deliver software products, managing budgets and vendors.
- Work with team to estimate and size work, establishes and maintains a burn up against milestones.
- Optimizes production system operations using tools such as monitoring, capacity analysis and outage root cause analysis to identify and drive change that ensures continuous improvement in system stability, security, and performance.
- Provide coaching on the adoption and improvement of agile/lean management and engineering practices on teams.
- Encourage collaboration and proactively seek opportunities to improve collaboration.
- Tracks and ensures visibility of historical team metrics and progress of the Iteration and release.
- Assists with internal and external communication by radiating information, especially relative to historical team metrics, progress towards Iteration and release goals, and team capacity.
- Optimizes, increases and sustains throughput; ensuring prioritization of work by value and risk.
- Fosters a culture of continuous improvement through maintenance of metrics, team retrospectives, change management, and encouraging risk taking.
- Is collaborative in driving decisions and team behavior, guarding against making decisions and assignments for the team and instead creates and environment where teams have the context needed to make the best decision
- Ensures iteration-based meetings are effectively facilitated, the outcomes are achieved and their cadence is maintained.
- Assists team with making appropriate commitments through story selection, sizing and tasking.
- Proactively identifies and removes blockers, limits work in progress and prevents distractions.
- Demonstrates effective and efficient capability in identifying, proposing, and soliciting innovative solutions to complex, time-critical challenges.
- Coordinates release, regression, deployments and sprint planning.
- Provides leadership and guidance to coach, motivate, and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development, and responsible for talent retention and acquisition.
- Bachelor's in related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8 years experience in delivering software products, with 4+ years management/leadership, and 2+ years of hands on development.
- Strongly preferred experience in an Agile culture with the proven ability to coach teams and stakeholders in practice adoption and maturity.
- Must have exceptional written and verbal communication and time management skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.