Cardinal Health National Manager, Sales Training & Effectiveness in Dublin, Ohio
What Sales Training & Effectiveness contributes to Cardinal Health
Sales Training and Effectiveness is responsible for developing, designing and delivering sales training, as well as evaluating the effectiveness of training initiatives. Goal is to improve knowledge and competencies around the execution of segment, business unit and sales team objectives, to improve sales and negotiation skills, sales leadership, sales process, and sales automation adoption and to increase sales effectiveness and high impact results.
- Demonstrates knowledge of healthcare market, customers and trends.
- Demonstrates strong selling and negotiation skills and knowledge of the sales process.
- Demonstrates knowledge of adult learning concepts and classroom learning techniques.
- Assesses knowledge, skills, and needs of the sales representatives and leaders in the sales organization. Focuses on the global needs of the sales force, with specific attention on the sales management role.
- Designs and facilitates business unit, selling and negotiation skills, sales leadership, and product training.
- Provides feedback and coaching to sales representatives and sales leadership. Demonstrates knowledge of sales leadership principles and team development.
- Recognizes and identifies key impacts, methods, and measures to improve sales leadership, resulting in improved sales performance.
- Prepares and trains teams on complex sales, clinical knowledge, and business tools.
- Consults with sales leadership on issues, gaps and needs, developing strategic solutions to advance training and development at the sales representative, leadership, national or enterprise level.
- Understands the learning function holistically, beyond sales training expertise. Demonstrates the ability to design, deploy and analyze the sales training evaluation process.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education or related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred.
- 8 + years in related field with supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in healthcare sales combined with technical, consulting or training experience preferred.
- Ability to build effective relationships and collaborate across multiple stakeholders
- Experience in developing people and leading teams.
- Knowledge of the healthcare industry, retail pharmacy, hospital pharmacy and or alternate care operations preferred.
- Must possess excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) required.
- Requires 50-75% travel.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Accountabilities in this role:
- Manages sales training team operations and supervises field training managers that support Pharma Sales, the Independent Retail Salesforce (ISF) and the Innovative Delivery Solutions Salesforce (IDS), serving multiple classes of trade.
- Collaborates with Vice-Presidents, Directors and Sales Managers to develop learning strategy and curriculum for two sales teams, ISF and IDS.
- Serves as co-leader for the ISF and IDS National Sales Meetings. Works with Learning Director and Sales Leaders to create the vision, plan the agenda and secure support from the training and business teams to create and deliver the content.
- Has accountability for managing financial resources to budget.
- Provides technical guidance, coaching and development to employees.
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals.
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines.
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels; Interacts with senior sales management.
- Negotiates with and manages vendor relationships.
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects.
- Drives consensus and bring groups together for the benefit of the business.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.