Title: Senior Engineer, Software (SAP Basis Admin)
Location: Ohio-Dublin-FSP OCLC
Job Number: 13007829JOB TITLE: Senior Engineer, Software & Information Platform
Working together, we can make a difference in healthcare for our customers and communities. Your contributions, along with colleagues around the world, are helping make healthcare safer and more productive every day.
Function: Information Technology Function
Job Family: Software & Information Platforms
What Software & Information Platforms contributes to Cardinal Health
Software and Information Platforms is responsible for technical configuration, design, administration, development, implementation and support of application and information frameworks that Cardinal Health application solutions utilize.
* Demonstrates and applies technical (not functional) knowledge of software development frameworks and business process configuration systems. Examples include (not limited to) java application servers, integration and information systems, ERP systems, business rules engines, business process management and .et development frameworks.
* Leverages fluency in technical languages, operating systems, application programming interfaces, and troubleshooting.
* Demonstrates knowledge of software development life cycle, modeling of business processes, application design patterns, business/functional documents. Estimates to high level business requirements and provide options analysis.
* Demonstrates basic knowledge of infrastructure subcomponents and interoperability including (but not limited to) SAN, network (application routing) and compute platforms.
* Demonstrates knowledge of system information dependencies and end to end application transaction competency.
* Maintains platform or system health and availability requirements including HADR testing.
* Resolves support issues involving production systems.
* Partners with Enterprise Architecture teams for product selection and productcapability roadmaps and information governance processes.
* Monitors and manages proactive maintenance to application platform environments; documents and manages SOPs for software and information platform systems.
* Interfaces with business solution teams and partners on operational platform events as well as solution design needs.
What is expected of you and others at this level
* Applies advanced knowledge and understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to manage a wide variety of projects
* Participates in the development policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
* Recommends new practices, processes, metrics, or models
* Receives guidance on overall project objectives
* Acts as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
* Works on or may lead complex projects of large scope
* Projects may have significant and long-term impact
* Provides solutions which may set precedent
* Independently determines method for completion of new projects
Accountabilities in this role
* 8 years experience in related field
* Provides technical leadership in one or more areas
* Seen as team "expert"
* Deep technical knowledge management of high velocity high volume environments including ECC 6.0, CRM 7.0, BI 7.0, PI 7.3, Portal 7.1
* Experienced in configuration of solution manager 7.1 environment for System monitoring, CHaRM configuration, End user experience monitoring etc.
* Well versed in new SAP installs, system copies, support packages, SSL certificates, TMS , client strategy and maintenance,
* Experienced in system performance tuning/troubleshooting for both ABAP and Java stacks.
* Strong multi-tasking skills and abilities to handle changing priorities in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
* Need to possess excellent problem resolution skills in addition to good written and oral communications.
* The incumbent will routinely interact with many areas of the company and with upper level management.
* The incumbent will make decisions that will impact the company on a global basis.
Must have strong, hands-on administration experience with: BASIS, NETWEAVER stack and good experience with the following:
* Unix/Linux Operating System (IBM and HP Hardware environment)
* DB2 UDB database
* SAP Applications:
* ECC 6.0
* Solution Manager 7.1
* BI 7.0
* CRM 7.0 Including TREX
* SCM 7.0 including Live Cache and Optimizer
* SNC 7.0
* HANA Including SLT
* PI 7.3
* Portal 7.0
* Adobe Document Services
* Bachelor's Degree in related field or equivalent work experience
* 8 years experience in related field preferred
* Experience/competency in multiple Software/Information platform technology domains preferred
* Provides technical leadership in one or more areas preferred
* Seen as team 'expert' preferred