Cardinal Health Advisor, Fin Plng & Analysis in El Paso, Texas
What Financial Planning & Analysis contributes to Cardinal Health
Financial Planning & Analysis is responsible for being objective and strategic financial partners, leading collaborative cross-functional effort to drive relevant, flexible and efficient financial planning and analysis that supports our key business decisions. As a member of the cost accounting team,
- Prepare monthly inventory reconciliations.
- Responsible for Coordinating Annual Cost Build for Convertors Group.
- Prepare product cost builds for annual plans and forecasts.
- Analyzes business trends.
- Drives business value by providing financial and analytical counsel to facilitate decision-marking around strategic business initiatives especially cost reduction projects. Identifies and executes upon process improvement opportunities.
- Demonstrates proficiency of technical tools and financial systems.
- Prepare financial analysis using different manufacturing scenarios for plants in Mexico, China, Dominican Republic and the United States.
- Prepares monthly financial reporting including variance to include material usage and purchase price variances. Able to clearly communicate a cohesive and concise story around business drivers behind financial data and potential implications on future results.
- Update standard labor and overhead rates on an annual basis.
- Responsible in assisting MPT Plants with inventory related issues.
- Prepare Journal Entries for manufacturing variances and inventory reconciliation.
- Train/work with plant cost accountants.
- Serves as an objective financial steward with an enterprise perspective, safeguarding our company's assets. Ensures strong controls are in place and the company's intellectual property is protected.
- Special Projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in business related field, or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in related field
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.