Cardinal Health Cost Accountant in Gananoque, Canada
Cardinal Health Canada is currently seeking a Cost Accountant to join the finance team in a permanent, full time opening in our Medical Device Manufacturing Facility in Gananoque, Ontario.
The incumbent of this role will be responsible in assisting the various business units within the facility in analysing, and reporting on various incurred costs as well as providing insight and guidance on cost standards in an effort to reduce the dollars spent.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Responsible for calculations, analysis, reporting, and providing insight to the business on:
- Key indicator metrics
- Inventory / scrap levels
- Cost allocations
- Efficiency in allocating costs and preparing related documentation
- Work with Engineering to determine and documenting cost associations with business activities
- Routinely compare estimated costs to actual costs – provide insight of impact on business
Month end Activities
Compare manufacturing data and prepare required journal entries
- Prepare reports of labour and manufacturing costs
- Reconciliation of required accounts
- Establish and implement cost standards
- Observe and analyze changes in manufacturing methods and related costs
Identify and correct cost errors EDUCATION/TRAINING and/or EXPERIENCE:
Accounting designation required (or in final stages)
- 3-5 years experience in Cost Accounting within a manufacturing environment.
- Solid understanding of cost-related manufacturing processes
- Experience with complex data analysis
- Ability to provide business insights based on costing data
- Advanced skills in MS Excel / PowerPoint
- Proficient in JD Edwards / SAP and BPCS
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work well with others
Cardinal Health is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.