Cardinal Health Production Planner in Gananoque, Canada
Cardinal Health Canada is currently seeking a Production Planner Occupation for an immediate need within our Gananoque facility. Under the general direction of the Supply Chain Planning Manager – Operations, this position is responsible for the planning, purchasing and expediting of components, raw materials and services for manufacturing departments. These responsibilities may also include the procurement of overall company operational materials, supplies and/or contractual services
- Prepare production schedule for each unit based on Master Production Schedule and Capacity plan.
- Follow and establish practices that ensure the correct administration of the MPS/MRP/CAP parameters for planning, the appropriate use of the system and compliance follows practices and task that ensure the service metrics achievement
- Participate and interact in manufacturing meetings for monitoring compliance of schedule attainment.
- Manage plant manufacturing requirements according to inventory policy and plant capacities.
- Ensuring that all tasks are performed in a professional manner that complies with Ludlow’s Total Quality Management commitment
- Reviewing raw material inventory and working with buyer to order as required.
- Keeping inventory investment and loss at a minimum
- Assist in the control and disposition of slow moving and obsolete material.
- Support integration efforts of the business with regard to corporate acquisitions and product line transfers.
- Assist in the processing of the Supplier Corrective Action Response of Rejected Material (SCAR) process. Assist in the return and replacement of product.
- Attend production, S & OP and cost savings meetings.
- Maintain purchasing operating systems with accurate and up to date information.
Experience and Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or College Diploma in related field
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in related production planning or product experience with a strong business background
- Proficient in speaking, writing and reading in English
- PMAC and APICS Certification considered an asset
Cardinal Health is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.