Cardinal Health Manufacturing Associate - 3rd Shift - Underpads Focus Factory in Greenwood, South Carolina
What Assembly contributes to Cardinal Health
Performs a variety of tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production to put together component parts to make assemblies, sub-assemblies or completed units, using standard operating procedures. May conduct quality inspections on processing line in accordance with quality specifications.
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must utilize the SCORE program and actively participate in safety meetings.
- Must understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Will ensure that the correct product count is packed in the case.
- Will need to constantly perform visual quality inspections for defects.
- Must keep the pack off’s table clear by throwing away defective product and repackaging good product.
- Must watch the folding and stacker sections during any start up, restart or material change and take immediate action by pressing the STOP button to prevent jams as they begin to occur.
- Will clean the machine and the immediate area as necessary including but not limited to: change and empty cut out bags, trash containers and used core containers; vacuum overhead duct filters; and perform machine blow downs.
- Must ensure cases are stacked IAW approved stacking pattern.
- Must ensure carts are ticketed properly.
- Must load, operate and maintain the automatic case-sealing machine.
- Will operate and maintain the Marsh ink jet printer.
- Will provide formed, empty cases to pack off.
- Will seal & stack the filled cases and ensure correct quantity is stacked.
- Must ensure the correct quantity of cases per pallet.
- Must complete necessary production and quality paperwork as required.
- Must aid in changeover tasks as directed by Operator.
- Must load and operate automatic bagger.
- Will monitor machine during operator absence.
- Must perform pre-operational check of automatic case sealing machine and bagger.
Prepare for next shift by ensuring sufficient supplies are present, area and trash containers are clean, Marsh printer is reset and rework is complete
Must be able to perform repackage/rework when necessary
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS/SCOPE :
- Must posses ambition and make suggestions for improvement
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interface with all departments and associates.
- Must have good teamwork skills and be able to interface with all crew members and relief personnel and work toward resolving conflict congenially. Make an extra effort to deal with coworkers and supervisors on a mature and positive basis.
- Must have flexibility to accept additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to perform work efficiently and effectively under short notice.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds of various sizes and shapes.
- Must be capable of standing or sitting for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of pulling and pushing a loaded cart with up to 50 pounds of force.
- Must be able to climb on ladders or other authorized equipment for cleaning.
- Must be able to working in a dusty environment
- Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
- Willingness to travel since some travel may be required for training purposes.
- Normal working hours depending on the shift you are assigned is:
1st shift 8a to 4p
2nd shift 4p to 12a
3rd shift 12a to 8a
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
High School or GED
Minimum of 2 years experience in a manufacturing environment.
Must have a WorkKeys assessment of at least a 3 on Applied Math, 4 on Reading For Information and 4 for Locating Information through Piedmont Technical College.
Must be able to speak, read and write the English language
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.