Cardinal Health Material Handler (Receiving) 2nd Shift in Greenwood, South Carolina
SUMMARY OF POSITION :
In accordance with written and oral instructions, safely operates an Electric Fork Lift Truck or Propane Lift in performing all duties associated with the physical movement of raw materials in the Warehouse and Production areas. All tasks should be performed in the safest most efficient manner possible.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Must observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Will be responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions. Must utilize the SCORE program and actively participate in safety meetings.
- Must consider the safety of all pedestrian traffic at all times when operating lift equipment.
- Must follow all Distribution Center safety rules in accordance with Safe Operating Practices and OSHA Standards.
- Must understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Follows approved procedures to load & unload materials to/from trailers,
- Follows approved procedures verifying quantities match packing slip
- Locate raw materials to the appropriate storage location in the warehouse.
- Transfer and stage raw materials in proper warehouse and production locations
- Using approved procedures, accurately enter inventory transactions into computer system
- Verify that quantities in warehouse locations are accurate
- Loads pallets of waste material onto outbound trailers as required.
- Changes batteries or propane fuel tanks as required following all safety procedures.
- Cleans assigned lift equipment as necessary and keeps work area clean and orderly.
- Communicates daily with Lead / Supervisor regarding all work related or safety issues.
- Must pass Forklift / Safety Training Course.
- Must be a licensed fork lift operator
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Must be able to work without close supervision
- Will be required to perform other tasks as deemed appropriate and assigned by management with or without accommodation.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS/SCOPE :
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to interface with all departments and associates.
- Must have good teamwork skills and be able to interface with all crew members and relief personnel and work toward resolving conflict congenially. Make an extra effort to deal with coworkers and supervisors on a mature and positive basis.
- Must have flexibility to accept additional duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
- Willingness to travel since some travel may be required for training purposes.
- Must be able to work in a team-oriented, fast-paced environment.
Must be able to perform work efficiently and effectively under short notice.
Must be capable of lifting up to 50 pounds of various sizes and shapes.
- Must be capable of standing or walking for extended periods of time.
- Must be capable of pulling and pushing a loaded cart with up to 10 pounds of force.
- Must be able to climb on ladders or other authorized equipment for cleaning.
- Required to stoop, bend and walk constantly and moderate lifting as required.
Must be able to withstand the fatigue associated with the constant noise and vibration inherent in lift equipment.
Must be able to work in adverse climatic conditions depending on the severity of the winter and summer temperatures.
Must be willing to work off-shifts, overtime and weekends as necessary for business needs.
Some travel may be required
- Normal working hours depending on the shift you are assigned is:
2nd shift 4pm to 12am
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
High School diploma or GED
Licensed Lift Truck Operator with one year’s experience preferred.
Must have legible handwriting and be able to perform math tasks. Must have the WorkKeys assessment of at least a 4 on Applied Math, 4 on Reading For Information and 4 for Locating Information through Piedmont Technical College.
Must possess good written and verbal skills. Must be able to speak, read and write the English Language and be able to key data utilizing a hand held scanner / keypad.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.