Cardinal Health Planner/Buyer (Materials Management) in Greenwood, South Carolina
SUMMARY OF POSITION : Responsible for developing manufacturing schedules and purchasing raw materials to support this plan. Special attention should be placed on making schedules that support net requirements and exceeding backorder targets for the plant while at the same time allowing manufacturing to be as efficient as possible. Special attention should be placed on ordering raw materials in the most cost efficient manner from both a price and inventory position.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Observe all safety precautions and regulations at all times in all areas where duties are performed. Responsible for reporting all safety hazards and potential unsafe working conditions.
- Understand and comply with all current plant policies and procedures.
- Order raw materials in the most efficient manner where price breaks and inventory positions are taken into account.
- Control Inventory cost in the Greenwood DC.
- Achieve and/or exceed Backorder and Product Availability goals.
- Work with manufacturing to develop achievable master schedules that meet net requirements and at the same time are conducive to efficient manufacturing.
- Assist Cycle Counters and Process Engineers trouble shoot MUV and/or cycle count losses/gains.
- Work/Collaborate with Agile and Process Engineers to ensure BOM information is accurate.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with Corporate Planners/Logistics on issues that should be escalated.
- Maintain Router and Item Master information in BPCS.
- Maintain raw material pricing in BPCS.
- Coordinate raw material and product changes to minimize inventory obsolescence and meet business objectives.
- Maintain accurate shift capacity information by product and line to ensure proper machine scheduling
- Review and address any late/early raw material deliveries daily.
- Provide reports/analysis for manufacturing, vendors and special projects (upon request).
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS :
- Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
ORGANIZATIONAL RELATIONSHIPS/SCOPE :
- Must have good interpersonal/leadership skills and be able to interface with all departments and associate levels.
- Flexibility to accept new duties as assigned by Materials Manager.
- Must be able/willing to work from home during off hours if needed.
- Some travel required.
- Normal working hours are 8am to 5pm
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS :
Prefer Bachelor’s degree in business or a related field.
Minimum of 5 years of experience in a manufacturing/materials environment. Familiarity with supply chain management.
High level of computer literacy. Effective problem solving skills, organization and prioritization skills.
Must be able to speak, read and write the English language
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.