Cardinal Health Maintenance Mechanic - 12hr Shift - 6pm - 6am in Jacksonville, Texas
What Facilities Management/Maintenance contributes to Cardinal Health
The Mechanic A (Plant) directly supports the production activity to minimize unplanned equipment down time. Performs routine and complex repair and maintenance on production equipment. Activities include trouble calls, preventative maintenance, equipment modifications, machine work, engineering support, equipment installation, equipment relocation, and maintaining a neat & orderly maintenance shop.
- This position requires a minimum of 5 years experience as maintenance mechanic demonstrating the highest level of proficiency.
- Must have a high school degree or equivalent. Post high school education or training preferred, such as vocational maintenance or journeyman maintenance training. Must read, write, and speak English.
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of electrical, hydraulic, and plumbing maintenance. Must be able to lift and maneuver objects weighing up to 60 pounds. Experience maintaining injection molding, extrusion machines, automated assembly machines, and sonic welders is desired.
- Must be able to perform the principal accountabilities with a minimum of supervision and avoid errors that could result in injury to employees or damage machinery or facilities.
- A Mechanic B may be considered for the Mechanic A rating in less than 5 years if the employee demonstrates proficiency in all levels of the Key Competencies and has the recommendation of the Facilities Superintendent.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Maintains production and non-production equipment and facilities.
- The manufacturing equipment consists of injection molding, blow molding, sheet extrusion, semi-automated, automated and manual assembly, sonic & spin welding, robotics equipment, automated vision systems, leak testing equipment, and numerous support equipment.
- This position is responsible for repairing defects in production equipment using the maintenance systems and best demonstrated practices.
- Makes mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic repairs.
- Performs electrical and plumbing installations.
- Follows established preventative maintenance and work order procedures.
- Performs welding, brazing, and soldering in connection with maintenance duties.
- May train and provide work direction to other maintenance mechanics as needed.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.