Cardinal Health Manager, Customer Service Management in Lewisville, Texas
JOB TITLE: Manager, Customer Service Management
What Customer Service Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Delivering an exclusive model that fully integrates direct drug distribution to site-of-care with non-commercial pharmacy services, patient access support, and financial programs, Sonexus Health, a subsidiary of Cardinal Health, helps specialty pharmaceutical manufacturers have a greater connection to the customer experience and better control of product success. Personalized service and creative solutions executed through a flexible technology platform means providers are more confident in prescribing drugs, patients can more quickly obtain and complete therapy, and manufacturers can directly access more actionable insight than ever before. With all services centralized in our custom-designed facility outside of Dallas, Texas, Sonexus Health helps manufacturers rethink how far their products can go.
Customer Service Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Customer Service function.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Accountabilities in this role
- Manages subordinate supervisors who supervise employees in the Enrollment and Eligibility Reimbursement Call Center of the Sonexus Health Access and Patient Support Services.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, terminating, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Determines call center operational strategies by conducting needs assessments, performance reviews, capacity planning, and cost/benefit analyses; identifying and evaluating state-of-the-art technologies; defining user requirements; establishing technical specifications, and production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; contributing information and analysis to organizational strategic plans and reviews.
- Develops call center systems by developing customer interaction and voice response systems, and voice networks; executing user acceptance test plans; planning and controlling implementations.
- Maintains and improves call center operations by monitoring system performance; identifying and resolving problems; preparing and completing action plans; completing system audits and analyses; managing system and process improvement and quality assurance programs.
- Accomplishes call center human resource objectives by recruiting, selecting, orienting, training, assigning, coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; administering scheduling systems; communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, appraising, and reviewing job contributions; planning and reviewing compensation actions; enforcing policies and procedures.
- Meets call center financial objectives by estimating requirements; preparing an annual budget with the support and guidance of the financial department; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Prepares call center performance reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Maintains equipment by evaluating equipment; calling for repairs and evaluating upgrades.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by tracking emerging trends in call center operations management; attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Setting and meeting performance targets for speed, efficiency, sales and quality Managing the daily running of the APS Center
- Liaising with supervisors, team leaders, operatives and third parties to gather information and resolve issues
- Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of industry developments and involvement in networks
- Monitoring random calls to improve quality, minimize errors and track operative performance
- Coordinating staff recruitment, including writing vacancy advertisements and liaising with HR staff
- Reviewing the performance of staff, identifying training needs and planning training sessions
- Recording statistics, user rates and the performance levels of the center and preparing reports
- Handling the most complex customer complaints or inquiries Develop staffing, including shift patterns and the number of staff required to meet demand
- Coaching, motivating and retaining staff and coordinating bonus, reward and incentive schemes
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- 2-6 years’ experience in a management role within a HUB (call center) setting in pharmaceutical or insurance industry required
- Background in insurance/claims processing a plus
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.