Cardinal Health Hospital Pharmacy Technician - Part-time in Los Angeles, California
Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Hospital Pharmacy Technician
Our Pharmacy Technicians demonstrate working knowledge of the policies and procedures regarding procurement, storage, preparation and delivery of pharmaceuticals in hospitals and health system settings. The successful candidate will process physician orders for review by a pharmacist and pick and prepare medications or supplies under pharmacist review. They will also restock supplies and medications, deliver supplies and medications, procure supplies and medications following standard purchasing guidelines and provide feedback on the stock level and on inventory control and delivery processes.
Our Pharmacy Technicians are also skilled in own work area within an analytical/scientific method or operational process area (e.g., material handling and management, logistics, manufacturing production). They will also expand skills and techniques in one skill area/process/method and maintain appropriate licenses/training/certifications, as needed. The successful candidate will apply knowledge and skills to complete assigned tasks within own area and work within established SOPs and/or scientific methods and adheres to quality guidelines while working with a moderate degree of supervision.
Work Schedule: Part-time Rotating day, evening and weekends
- Assist Pharmacist and other Technicians with daily tasksIV Compounding
- Handle doctor calls, faxes and medication deliveries
- Organizes medications for pharmacist to dispense by profiling prescriptions; preparing labels and calculating quantities
- Maintains a safe and clean pharmacy by complying with procedures, rules, and regulationsAssist with monthly unit inspections
- Perform monthly outdates
- Provide excellent customer service to customersDeliver medications to Pyxis machines
- High School degree or equivalent
- Previous work experience required
- Proven customer service skills
- Must be registered or licensed as required by the State Board of Pharmacy
- National certification is preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.