Cardinal Health Clinical Team Manager in New York, New York
naviHealth is the result of over a decade of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for PAC management solutions. We do healthcare differently and we are changing healthcare one patient at a time. How might you ask? By hiring talented clinicians, engineers, analysts, and healthcare leaders to create and utilize cutting edge technology to provide the patient with the best level of care for the right amount of time.
Why Is This Role Critical?
The Clinical Team Manager (CTM) is responsible for the day to day management and leadership of their assigned field clinical operations team. This may include, but is not limited to, Care Coordinators, High Risk Case Managers and Social Workers. The CTM participates in the hiring and onboarding of new colleagues and the continued clinical development of all colleagues. This position ensures staff understand and adhere to established clinical protocols and processes. This position may work with internal and external partners, local leadership and centralized operational teams to deliver efficient compliant processes that result in a positive member and provider experience.
What you will be accountable for….
- Handles day to day management of SICC as assigned . May include assigned caseload to manage.
- Monitors colleague caseloads daily and recommends adjustments in assignments for equity.
- Approves PTO requests ensuring adequate staffing is available to meet the needs of the department. May provide coverage of PTO of assigned team members
- Reviews and updates CMT Managers Tab (facility assignments ) daily.
- Facilitate weekly rounds, including but not limited to SNF/IRF/LTAC and/or readmission.
- Cultivates a strong internal culture designed around collaboration, feedback, motivation, and accountability.
- Participates in the hiring process with GMs and SCM
- Participates/conducts annual and semi- annual colleague performance reviews.
- Ensures the successful onboarding of all new colleagues by completing the 90 day competency review and submits to SCM. Reports barriers to SCM and arranges for ongoing support as identified.
- Ensures all required home office inspections are completed annually..
- May function as a preceptor and/or mentor , or collaborates closely with same until colleague is able to function independently.
- May function as ICC, SICC and/or HRCM when caseloads require.
- Reviews key metrics with Market Leadership including daily and weekly reporting review.
- Participates in MMR reviews and provides support/coaching/training to improve performance for colleagues scoring below acceptable threshold.
- Monitors and measures the execution of the naviHealth clinical model with the focus on improving patient outcomes.
- May recommend process and policy changes to SCM based on results from these measures.
- Conducts weekly team meetings
- Facilitates weekly 1:1 meetings with assigned colleagues performing both clinical record reviews and offering guidance/support on challenging cases.
- Observes colleague performance via observations at set intervals, as determined by market, but no less than quarterly.
- As appropriate, with the support of SCM and human capital, develops and reviews a documented performance improvement plan with a colleague.
- Collaborates with internal business partners / Shared Services area to achieve and maintain all contractual service language agreements.
- Ensure compliance with all federal and state regulations, accreditation organizations and client requests.
- Skilled Nursing Facility Inpatient Care Coordinators (SICC)
What you will need to be successful……
- Registered Nurse or Registered Therapist
- 5 years of clinical management experience.
- Experience managing multi-disciplinary care teams, including nurses, therapists, social workers, case managers.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision making skills.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.
- Detail oriented.
- Team player.
- Experience working with geriatric population preferred.
- Knowledgeable of InterQual and Milliman a plus.
- Knowledgeable of NCQA and URAC standards a plus.
- Certification in case management (Commission for Case Management Certification (CCMC); Association of Rehabilitation Nurses (ARN) if appropriate) Preferred
naviHealth is a pioneer in post-acute care and care transitions with a combined unprecedented 18 years of experience that uniquely positions us to manage patients, improve clinical and financial outcomes, and share risk with payors and providers. As a Cardinal Health company, we provide clinical support alongside scalable technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans, and post-acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes
We care about the people we serve.
We care about each other.
We care about our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
naviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.