Cardinal Health Manager, HR Business Partner in Norfolk, Nebraska
What HR Business Partners contributes to Cardinal Health
HR Business Partners are responsible for developing and implementing strategies and plans focused on human capital management, customer satisfaction and business performance.
- Effectively balances business partner responsibility with employee advocacy, and builds a positive employee relations culture and work environment.
- Acts as a change agent/leader and culture steward.
- Collaborates with HR Centers of Expertise to execute enterprise-wide programs and solutions that meet business needs.
- Develops and implements plans and actions to improve employee engagement and manager effectiveness, and foster inclusion.
- Supports leaders as strategist, coach, facilitator and architect.
- Champions and supports Human Resources service delivery processes.
- Understands and utilizes technology to efficiently deliver HR systems and help people stay connected to each other.
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Manages department operations and supervises professional employees, frontline supervisors and/or business support staff
- Participates in the development of policies and procedures to achieve specific goals
- Ensures employees operate within guidelines
- Decisions have a short term impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with subordinates, peer customers and suppliers at various management levels may interact with senior management
- Interactions normally involves resolution of issues related to operations and/or projects
- Gains consensus from various parties involved
Accountabilities in this role
- Provide HR business partner support to about 400 employees
- This position will be based out of Norfolk, NE and support an operations/manufacturing site and leadership
- Act as a strategic HR Business Partner to leadership teams
- Effectively communicate, influence, drive to consensus, execute on initiatives across all levels of leadership
- Collaborate on talent needs and workforce planning across other business units and functions
- Partner with leaders in all areas of HR, support, and implement cyclical initiatives including talent management, organizational design, talent & succession planning, employee training and development, talent management, diversity initiatives, employee relations, and individual coaching
- Strong, proactive Employee Relations focus
- Bachelor’s in related field, or equivalent work experience, preferred
- Master’s degree, preferred
- 5+ years of experience in HR
- Demonstrated ability to provide influential leadership
- Strong organizational, project management and communication skills
- Strong Employee Relations background, preferred
- A track record of strategic HR partnership
- PHR certification, preferred
- Ability to travel up to 25%
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.