Cardinal Health Technician III - 12 Hour Night Crew in Norfolk, Nebraska
-Responsible for set up, mold changes, adjustments, maintenance, repair and operation of production machinery and equipment as assigned following department's standard operating procedures.
-Responsible for set up, change over, adjustment, maintenance, repair and operation of various types of molding, testing, printing, and/or packaging machines as assigned following department's standard operating procedures.
-Assigned to department driving continuous improvement, training, technical learning, and supporting team as required.
-Reports to Shift Supervisor /Designee.
-Mandatory overtime may be required.
- Position, set and secure mold into molding machine using hoist and hand tools; connect and disconnect water lines and nozzles, align, grease and clean molds. Position support equipment in preparation for molding operations. Ensure correct materials are supplied to the machine in preparation for molding operations.
- Set machine clamps, heat and water pressure and timing controls to achieve efficient cycle time following department's specifications; periodically check and readjust. Start machine to test operation by producing parts for inspection. Readjust controls until finished product meets department's specifications.
- Diagnose, troubleshoot and maintain injection molding machines and machine feeding and regrinding equipment. Remove, clean and replace screws; remove, repair, rebuild and/or replace oil lines, hydraulic valves and safety controls. Change or tighten mold tips and pull bars; remove and replace shields; remove and plug mold cavities and/or repair core pin tips; adjust or replace nozzle system. Fill and adjust hydraulic system.
- Report any machine malfunction to designated individual for course of action and recommend equipment modifications to achieve improved operation. Monitor machine efficiencies and report to designed individual any machines not performing to standard.
- Adjust automatic and semi-automatic machines as required to produce quality parts following department'sspecifications. Install, adjust, remove and/or replace various machine stations and/or components as required. Adjust material feeder/delivery equipment and detection devices; regulate heat and several types of timing controls. Start machine to test operation by producing parts for inspection. Make necessary readjustments until finished product meets Quality Assurance specifications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot any pneumatic, hydraulic or mechanical malfunction. Dismantle, disassemble, repair, rebuild and/or clean and replace and/or reassemble worn or defective parts, and/or components as required. Lubricate, clean, and makes necessary adjustments and/or corrections on various equipment.
- Consult with designated individual or immediate supervisor on any electrical malfunction or repairs for course of action. Advise immediate supervisor of need for additional machine repairs and recommend equipment modifications to achieve improved operation.
- Prepare required machine production and maintenance reports. Use a variety of small hand tools and is responsible to maintain them in good working order.
- Will be responsible for supporting the plant mission and quality policy in the maximization of daily throughput and team personnel development, focusing on continuous improvement.
- Observe department's safety regulations and to use personal protective equipment as required.
- ractice department's good manufacturing and housekeeping procedures and complete cleaning verification checklists as required
- Adhere to plant/Corporate policies/procedures, department safety and environmental regulations, Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs) and ISO 13485 Standards.
- Report any unusual circumstances to immediate supervisor and perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned.
-Associates Degree in a Technical Field is preferred or equivalent experience
-Must have mechanical aptitude with ability to diagnose mechanical problems and take steps to repair equipment as required.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.