Cardinal Health Supply Chain Leadership Development Program (EMERGE) in Obetz, Ohio
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
Location : May include, but are not limited to: Colorado, Illinois, New Jersey, Ohio
Start Date : July 2018
Supply Chain Management Leadership Development Program (EMERGE)
EMERGE is Cardinal Health’s entry-level rotational program designed to offer leadership development to participants in an environment where they can rotate through different departments and locations. Participants are provided an ideal opportunity to continue exploring careers within their discipline while gaining valuable work experience needed to succeed in the future. The program is geared towards recent college graduates interested in the health care industry that are searching for a challenging, rewarding career in a fast-paced, consumer-oriented environment. The goal of the program is to provide participants the tools and experiences to accelerate their career path at Cardinal Health. Participants in the program are full-time benefit eligible employees.
While in the program, participants will:
- Develop and apply business skills
- Experience broad and diverse rotations
- Receive ongoing training/development
- Build relationships through networking
- Accelerate professional development
- Enhance productivity through process improvement
- Develop a solid peer support group
- Bring fresh and innovative ideas to our company
What will participants gain?
Participants have the opportunity to develop strong operations and supply chain management knowledge and build relationships through exposure to challenging assignments and diverse experiences. Participants will gain valuable experience in a distribution environment that manages the most automated, efficient and low cost network in the industry. The program is designed to give participants knowledge of both the pharmaceutical and medical sides of the business. The goal of the program is to provide participants with an accelerated career path to become a future leader within a distribution center environment.
Participants will complete three rotations, which will be located in a warehouse environment and will be determined based on business needs. Relocation is required for participants in the program.
Rotations may include, but are not limited to:
- Distribution Operations
- Inventory Management
- Operational Excellence
- Quality and Regulatory
- Transportation and Logistics
This program is designed for current college seniors on track to graduate winter 2017 or spring 2018 who are interested in joining a three-year rotational program and meet the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain or a related field
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 or above on 4.0 scale
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Previous internship experience recommended
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Established record of achievement and leadership
- Process and results orientation
- Extensive community service and/or extracurricular activities
- Willing to relocate throughout the course of the program
- Must have unlimited work authorization in the United States
**If you are offered a position and you accept that position, the offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a drug test, completion of a background investigation, and demonstrated evidence that you are eligible to work for any employer in the United States.
To learn more about Cardinal Health and the EMERGE Program visit us at cardinalhealth.com/college or facebook.com/cardinalhealthcollege.