Cardinal Health Medication Reconciliation Technician in Phoenix, Arizona
Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Medication Reconciliation Technician - Full-time Phoenix Arizona
- The Medication Reconciliation Technician will work primarily in the Emergency Department but also in Day Surgery, Pre admission testing and on the inpatient nursing units.
- The basic function will be to obtain accurate home medication histories by chart review, patient interview and phone calls to retail pharmacies and physician offices. May use medication history software and state databases to gather home medication histories.
- Other duties will include updating computerized home medication data bases and reconciling these lists to orders written upon admission to the hospital.
- Answers the telephone, identifying self and department; directs calls to appropriate personnel.
- Maintains security and confidentiality of passwords.
- Maintains safety-integrity-professionalism at all times
- Organizes and prioritizes work assignments.
- Demonstrates good oral and written communication.
- Collects data, conducts quality monitors, and completes documentation as assigned.
- Attends pharmacy staff meetings and reads departmental email/communications daily.
- Completes all competence/skills assessment requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Certified Pharmacy Technician is required
Prior experience with Med Reconciliation is a plus
Good customer service skills
High school degree is required -some college is preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.