Cardinal Health Pharmacy Technician (Nuclear) in Rochester, New York
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 40,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
For nearly half of a century, the Nuclear Pharmacy Services business of Cardinal Health has set the standard for the radiopharmaceutical industry. Nuclear Pharmacy Services, whose network of over 130 pharmacies fills 65% of radiopharmaceutical unit doses nationwide, has consistently demonstrated leadership through innovation and a commitment to excellence.
What does Nuclear Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health?
Nuclear Pharmacy is responsible for providing radiopharmaceuticals and other drugs to medical care providers under highly regulated State and Federal guidelines may also consult with or advise physicians and nuclear medicine technologists on the safe and efficacious use of radioactive drugs for diagnosis and therapy
Click here to watch a short video about what a Nuclear Pharmacy Technician does at Cardinal Health
- 40 hours per week.Monday through Friday. Rotating schedule of either 12:30 am - 8:30 am or 7:30 am - 3:30 pm. Candidate must be flexible based on business need.
Accountabilities in this role
Under the immediate direction of a qualified licensed Staff Pharmacist, you will be trained to draw, dispense, and package radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with the regulations of the State Board of Pharmacy.
Many of your duties will include:
- Prepare prescriptions by typing labels and obtain Staff Pharmacist approval
- Draw doses into either a syringe or vial
- Perform quality assurance tests on instruments and radiopharmaceuticals in accordance with Federal, State, Company and manufacturer's guidelines
- Receive, document, and store incoming and outgoing pharmaceuticals according to the Department of Transportation and Company guidelines
- Maintain computer inventory and records to ensure proper utilization of materials and accounting for Rx drugs
- Assist and/or perform in the labeling of blood cell products
- Perform general laboratory and facility clean up
- May perform clerical and administrative services including maintenance of daily records, preparation of receipts, report preparation, and maintenance of billing records
- Make deliveries to accounts with company vehicles as needed
- Speak with customers and address questions and/or concerns via telephone
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy. Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
- High school degree or equivalent strongly preferred
- State Pharmacy Technician license or national pharmacy technician registration/license preferred
- Previous experience working as a Pharmacy Technician is highly preferred.
- Past IV experience is a plus
- Valid driver's license and good driving record required.
- Minimum of 21 years of age due to driving of company owned vehicle
- Ability to lift up to75 lbsrequired
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Flexibility to work various shifts is preferred
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks is required
- Comfortable working in a nuclear environment is required
- Ability to work overtime with little or no advance notice required
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.