Cardinal Health Manufacturing Planner in Santa Clara, California
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned on an individual basis:
- Responsible for purchasing activities in support of production build schedules. Plan purchases to MRP requirements and review supplier POs and contracts. Develop purchasing strategy for key suppliers.
- Monitor costs, schedule, and performance of key suppliers and subcontractors. Participate in vendor qualification and audits, as assigned.
- Manage introduction of new components into production through phase‐in activities. Manage new component planning and purchasing for new products.
- Work in compliance with Company SOPs. Ensure that procedures are adequate for materials and purchasing functions to comply with business and Quality System requirements.
- Participate as a member of the Material Review Board. Actively assist with disposition of rejected materials and interface with suppliers regarding corrective actions and problem resolution.
- Participate as a member of Project Teams representing the Materials/Operation department, as assigned. Plan purchases in support of project qualification build schedules.
- Train and help to assist junior purchasing staff to balance workload.
- Responsible for implementing Purchasing process improvements and supplier strategic initiatives as directed by Materials Management.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum five years of previous purchasing and/or planning experience in a manufacturing environment.
Experience with a computerized MRP system required.
General computer skills required, including working knowledge of Excel spreadsheets and technical
proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite.
Possess strong interpersonal skills, as well as be an excellent communicator, both written and verbal. Strong negotiation skills and ability to juggle many tasks simultaneously.
APICs certification desirable.
QAD MFG‐PRO experience desirable.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.