Cardinal Health Pharmacist II - Mail Order Pharmacy in Twinsburg, Ohio
- Give advice and assist doctors in matters relating to durable medical equipment (DME) to the patient.
- Supervise Pharmacy Technician staff and day-to-day administrative duties.
- Provides intake services and setup for all new patients; Coordinates the patient's care with physician offices, nurses, pharmacists and patients.
- Answer the queries of the patients about diabetic and urological supplies
- Performs insurance verification, both major medical and pharmacy benefits.
- Coordinates prescription deliveries and refills for patients.
- Supports other team members in the healthcare team.
- Ensures a continuous quality improvement customer service approach by proactively identifying areas of improvement and communicating those ideas to the healthcare team.
- Maintains current documentation related to the patients DME and pharmacy care plan. Flags issues that need to be addressed.
- Coordinates responses and resolutions to issues with appropriate internal and external parties.
- Actively participates in roundtable discussions with Pharmacists and Technicians to review cases and related pharmacy care plan issues.
- Maintains and promotes positive and professional working relationships with associates and management.
- Develops business requirements and creates work instructions for client implementations.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of prescription interpretation
- Skill in application of attention to detail
- Skill in both verbal and written instructions, and communication
- Adept at handling sensitive and confidential situations
- Ability to resolve issues quickly and efficiently
- Ability to present a positive and professional image
- Working knowledge of QS I or other pharmacy systems
- PharmD degree
- 2-4 years of retail or long-term care pharmacy experience
- Current/valid Ohio licensed Pharmacist in good standing
- Multistate licensure, preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish, preferred
- Certification in diabetic education, preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.