Cardinal Health Coordinator, Collections in Vaughan, Canada
Cardinal Health Canada is currently seeking a Collections Coordinator to work within the Accounts Receivable team, Monday to Friday 10:00AM to 6:00PM, in our head office in Vaughan, Ontario.
This position is responsible for the prompt collection of the company’s investment in accounts receivable, reducing the company’s exposure to possible bad debt losses by ensuring the customer base remains in a current position. The Collection Coordinator’s efforts must remain professional and controlled to retain customer goodwill.
- Investigate and initiate appropriate action on payment discrepancies
- Monitor customers’ accounts to ensure credit terms and credit limits are maintained; increase or decrease credit terms and credit limits as required
- Interact with various constituents in managing customer accounts, including but not limited to Sales, Customer Service, Supplier Operations, Supply Chain, Finance and Information Systems
- Assist with bank deposit and cash application.
- Maintain a certain level of telephone contact based on the amount of assigned active customer accounts
- Processes incoming payments: Lockbox, ACH, EFT, Credit Cards, and Wires (Information related to incoming receipts is available by accessing the bank’s on-line lockbox report and lockbox images).
- Reviews all lockbox deposits.
- Processes unmatched payments.
- Processes ACH and EFT payments using the bank’s daily cash report.
- Processes credit card payments which were not“auto cleared”.
- Balances daily cash receipts– Bank Reconciliation
- Processes refunds, files AR reports and batches following the retention schedule.
- Coordinates with the collection staff to identify un-applied transactions
- Other duties as required.
Know-How and Experience
- Minimum of 3 - 5 years of credit/collection experience and credit analysis in a computerized environment
- Post secondary education.
- Knowledge of JDE would be considered an asset
- Problem solving and decision making abilities, analytical skills along with attention to detail
- Proven customer relation skills
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organization skills.
Cardinal Health is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.