Cardinal Health Senior Manager, Internal Communications in Vaughan, Canada
The Senior Manager of Communications plays a critical internal communications role with the implementation of our Canadian Strategic Plan and is the right hand person to our President and the Executive Team in preparing and delivering communications strategies that enable and support our business direction and culture. The main focus for the role is Internal Communications however, the incumbent will be required to help shape our Canadian Community Services efforts as we build our profile within the communities in which we serve and work.
- Advises and collaborates with the President, Executive Team and key stakeholders in the execution of communication strategies and plans aligned with business needs
- Plays a key role in assisting the President with the preparation of town hall materials and manages logistics to ensure a smooth execution of regular communication processes across the organization
- Takes a leadership role in shaping and preparing appropriate communications for large organization changes
- Plays a key role in helping to create a strong external Cardinal Health brand
- Manages Intranet site, communication boards, and the timely and professional execution of internal communication strategies to ensure employees are aware of key events, people moves, etc.
- Plays a key role in shaping, developing and delivering effective communication strategies to support business needs in collaboration with internal (local and global) and/or external resources
- Develops and shapes social media presence and helps to build Canadian company profile
- Plays a key role in creating and implementing our local Community Services strategy
- Supervises communications of all online and offline media while ensuring alignment with organizational guidelines
- Collaborates with the sales/marketing team on major Communication events
- Develops and updates corporate materials for the general public according to best practices (corporate profiles, corporate presentations, key messages)
- Supervises other communication-related responsibilities such as updating distribution lists, recording communications, electronic templates, compliance with communication standards, revision of texts, and/or other tasks if needed
- Interfaces with the various social committees across the organization and prepares timely communications on upcoming events and social gatherings
Bachelor’s degree in Communications
Experience within the Healthcare Industry a strong asset
- A minimum of 7 to 10 years of relevant experience, ideally in internal corporate communications
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, with strong competencies in revision and correction
- Excellent skills in writing clear and concise communications for different audiences
- Strong collaboration skills
- Ability to communicate concisely and present information in a professional and visual manner
- Strong influencing skills and ability to build trusting relationships with peers, co-workers and global counterparts
- Strong bias to action and able to bring a strong voice to Communications to ensure timely and appropriate sharing of messages
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office, experience with Microsoft SharePoint is an asset.
- Bilingualism (English/French) is an asset
Cardinal Health adheres to the principles of employment equity and encourages women, visible minorities, Aboriginal people and persons with disabilities to apply.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.