Cardinal Health Hospital Efficiency Manager, UK/I/Nordics in United Kingdom
The Hospital Efficiency Manager UK, Ireland & Nordics is a senior sales consultant and accountable for hitting sales and execution targets, demonstrating expertise to hospitals and buying groups in providing Hospital Efficiency Solutions.
Your specific tasks will include but are not limited to:
Lead sales processes to grow our solutions revenues profitably (prospection, customer engagement, collaborative solution design, contracting, close, implementation and account management).
Execute Efficiency Solutions in hospitals, acting as the primary consultant or the facilitator when solutions are deployed in association with third parties.
Collect and analyze market information from both clients and our sales force to contribute to the marketing and go-to-market of new solutions and offerings to our customer base.
Collaborate with country sales team to identify and convert prospect customers.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
Understand customer needs to propose, sell and execute cutting edge solutions that improve business results.
Achieve sales targets for the assigned territory and execute assignments within allocated budgets
Create value for customers measured by the following:
- Quality of care
- Financial performance (efficiency)
- Patient experience.
Responsible for growing CAH solutions revenues
Responsible for developing and maintaining long-lasting business relationships that are based on the following:
Listen, understand and adapt to customer needs (from nurses to CEOs)
- Understand the interplay between stakeholders, the hospital institution and the system that the hospital may belong to
- Determine, understand and adhere CAH and institutional Rules of Engagement
- Identify key challenges that hospitals face today, how these challenges may evolve over time considering future changes in the healthcare environment and how these challenges impact our customers’ businesses
- Relate the Value Proposition of our solutions to the business challenges of our customer, and propose adaptation based to market responses.
- Competency, transparency and consistency in communicating the value proposition of our solutions, i.e., explaining how our solutions address challenges identified and create value
- Effective deployment our solutions with customers
Measuring the value that solutions create for our customers
Responsible for convincing customers on the case for change, driving contract negotiations and closing sales of solutions.
Manage and lead contracting of Hospital Efficiency Solutions and engage with stakeholders from other business to provide offers spanning the entire Cardinal Health Product and Services range.
Understands hospital operations and challenges faces by hospital leaders
Maintain an understanding of important trends in the healthcare environment and their relevance for our customers’ business.
Hospital account profitability: Ensure Hospital Efficiency Solutions increase account profitability, either through direct sales of solutions or though deals involving volume commitments on Cardinal Health Products.
Resource utilization: Plan and utilize a pool of shared resources to deploy solutions effectively.
Small group performance: Lead, organize, develop and motivate small groups
Moderation: Navigate through different opinions and viewpoints and resolve conflict
Qualifications & experience
- At least 5-10 years’ successful complex sales experience in the healthcare environment.
- Nice to have background in health care marketing or consulting.
- Proven know-how in the sale of technically complex business products.
- Strong capability to network with clients and other important stakeholders.
- Plan, organize and execute work independently.
- Effective communication skills with stakeholders of various backgrounds
- Ability to handle multiple engagements.
- Proven strong sales success record.
- Critical care and hospital experience strongly needed.
- Availability to travel extensively, including possible lengthy customer engagements.
- Fluency in English and at least one other European language is a plus.
- Sales and Business Acumen in Healthcare settings.
- Cultivates a deep, proactive understanding of customers’ requirements.
- Can adapt to different cultures in the context of sales activities.
- Understands implicitly how to manage and work with different cultured people and various working styles.
- High strategic capability to drive the complex business further.
- Fosters long-term relationships with key decision makers within/outside organization. Negotiates with customer and/or organizational leadership through effective listening and communication to accomplish broad business objectives.
- A self-starter who takes responsibility for objectives and results; holds oneself accountable for taking action to deliver business results.
- Develops insights or recommendations that have improved business performance
- Conviction and negotiation skills.
- Exceeds goals and raises effectiveness of organization
- Inspires and motivates others to develop by providing feedback and identifying new growth opportunities as well as supporting their efforts to change
- Is reliable and authentic even at some personal cost; acts as a role model for the values of the organization
- Is respectful to all and generous with praise; ensures other opinions are heard
- Builds coalition of supporters and coordinates change across multiple individuals; may create champions who will mobilize others to change
- Builds enduring partnerships within and outside of organization to improve effectiveness, even at short-term personal cost
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.