Cardinal Health Sr Accountant / Contable Sr. in United States
What Finance (General Accounting) contributes to Cardinal Health
Function Finance: Finance is responsible for the accounting, tax, financial plans and policies of the organization, establishing and maintaining fiscal controls, preparing and interpreting financial reports, oversight of financial systems, strategic decisions and support, and safeguarding the organization's assets.
Family Accounting: General Accounting is responsible for establishing and maintaining accounting policies and controls, safeguarding the organization's assets and ensuring accuracy of accounting and financial records in accordance with accounting standards.
- Analyzes, prepares, and records accounting transactions and ensures the integrity of accounting records for completeness, accuracy and compliance with accepted accounting policies and principles.
- Performs accounting activities, including the preparation, maintenance and reconciliation of ledger accounts and financial statements, such as balance sheets, profit and loss statements, capital expenditure schedules, and any statutory reporting.
- Sets and complies with accounting policies.
- Defines and executes internal controls to manage financial risk.
- Maintains or oversees the control of accounts and records in all areas of the financial statements.
- Conducts research regarding the impact to financial statements of potential changes to accounting rules proposed by accounting standards setters, and advises management.
- Provides accounting guidance to business partners related to proposed transactions to ensure conformity with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), as well as company policies and procedures.
- Provides support to finance and other business partners by assisting with or completing variance analysis and other adhoc analysis on business results or transactions.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or business related field
- 2+ years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Auditing and Maquiladora experience
- International Accounting Firm experience preferred
- MBA, Master in Finance, CPA, CMA preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies working knowledge in the application of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks
- Works on projects of moderate scope and complexity
- Identifies possbile solutions to a variety of technical problems and takes actions to resolve
- Applies judgment within defined parameters
- Receives general guidance may receive more detailed instruction on new projects
- Work reviewed for sound reasoning and accuracy
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.