Cardinal Health Supply Chain Internship (Summer 2018) in United States
Headquartered in Dublin, Ohio, Cardinal Health, Inc. (NYSE: CAH) is a global, integrated healthcare services and products company, providing customized solutions for hospitals, health systems, pharmacies, ambulatory surgery centers, clinical laboratories and physician offices worldwide.
The company provides clinically-proven medical products and pharmaceuticals and cost-effective solutions that enhance supply chain efficiency from hospital to home. Cardinal Health connects patients, providers, payers, pharmacists and manufacturers for integrated care coordination and better patient management. Backed by nearly 100 years of experience, with more than 50,000 employees in nearly 60 countries, Cardinal Health ranks among the top 25 on the Fortune 500.
Location: Various Locations
Start Date : May/June 2018
Hours: A pproximately 40 hours per week for minimum of 10 weeks.
*All Cardinal Health internships are paid internships.
The Summer Internship Program allows students the opportunity to work on meaningful and exciting projects that will give them the hands-on experience they need to build a solid foundation for their future. As an intern, students will have the opportunity to participate in a formalized program, designed to increase knowledge of Cardinal Health and the healthcare industry as well as develop essential leadership skills. Interns will be given the opportunity to explore different career paths and interview for full-time roles upon successful completion of the program.
Why Choose the Cardinal Health Summer Internship Program?
Experience: Interns work with other Cardinal Health professionals on their team, as well as business partners, customers and vendors on substantial projects in addition to daily work. To enhance leadership skills, each intern also participates on a planning committee. At the end of the summer, each intern has the opportunity to showcase their work in a presentation to business leaders.
Networking: Interns have the opportunity to learn from key business leaders through the “Executive Speaker Series.” They also have the opportunity to network with other professionals through both formal and informal networking events.
Development: Interns participate in a formal one-on-one mentoring program, as well as professional workshops to enhance their business acumen. They are also able to explore full time career paths throughout their internship experience.
Camaraderie: The internship program offers various social, teambuilding, community service events, as well as tours to help interns build a solid network of peers.
As a Supply Chain Intern, you could potentially support the organization in several of the following ways:
- Identify, analyze and implement new or improved technologies or processes
- Develop, optimize, measure and maintain performance and productivity
- Respond to field requirements for process improvement, facility or technology solutions
- Knowledge and application of Lean Six Sigma principles and techniques
- Assist with the Blueprint Process through data gathering, analysis and implementation
- Assist with a network analysis or capital project
- Analyze existing key performance indicators (KPI)
- Design and document workflow to ensure operational effectiveness
- Participate in a Kaizen Event
Accountabilities in this role:
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail
- Ability to interact effectively at all levels and across diverse cultures
- Must be willing to work independently and make sound decisions expeditiously
- Strong quality and results orientation with a proactive approach
- Ability to prioritize requests effectively and understand importance and meet deadlines
- Ability to work independently with moderate level of direction
- Must be willing to adapt to shifting requirements or priorities
- Must be willing to be work in a warehouse environment
Cardinal Health primarily recruits current, full-time students who are typically in their junior year and meet the following criteria:
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s degree in Operations Management, Logistics, Supply Chain or a related field
- Recommended GPA of 3.0 or above on a 4.0 scale
- Relevant coursework and/or projects
- Previous internship experience preferred, but not required
- Strong leadership, communication & analytical skills
- Process and results orientation
- Extensive community service and/or extracurricular activities
- Knowledge of supply chain principles, Lean Six Sigma or other improvement techniques preferred
- Distribution experience preferred
- Must have unlimited work authorization in the United States
**If you are offered a position and you accept that position, the offer is contingent upon the satisfactory completion of a drug test, completion of a background investigation, and demonstrated evidence that you are eligible to work for any employer in the United States.
To learn more about Cardinal Health and the Internship Program visit us at cardinalhealth.com/college or facebook.com/cardinalhealthcollege.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.