Cardinal Health Global Supply Chain Planner in Alajuela, Costa Rica
What Manufacturing Planning contributes to Cardinal Health
Manufacturing Planning is responsible for the forecasting, planning and scheduling of manufacturing resources, including equipment and labor resources to efficiently achieve manufacturing goals as defined by internal and external customer expectations. Responsible for distribution of finished goods. Addresses conflicts and constraints in manufacturing to achieve highest level of customer satisfaction.
To effectively plan and control the supply chain to meet and exceed KPI’s relating to Customer Service, inventory levels/inventory weeks, and forecast variance.
To work with the manufacturing plants, developing projections of inventory/ service recovery during periods of supply disruption.
- To coordinate closely with and serve as the primary contact with Manufacturing, Customer Service and develop relationships with Marketing.
- To proactively ensure that both internal and external customer needs are met, and that disruptions are avoided always acting with the customer in mind to ensure excellent Customer Service.
- To utilize lean principles and root cause/ corrective action methodology to drive continual improvement in processes leading to step function improvement in performance in Service/Inventory.
- To facilitate communication between Global and Regional Supply Chain groups and Shared Service Centers.
- To support the development and continuous improvement of MITG S&OP process.
To actively plan and support new business opportunities, new product introductions, integrations and transfers.
Work cross functionally with R&D, Finance, Engineering and customer service on project teams
To be pro-active in improving the Supply Chain performance and to consistently meet and exceed business requirements.
- To actively participate in cost reduction and risk mitigation projects as well as prepare and present project updates.
- To be able to communicate with all levels of the organization in a clear, concise, and accurate manner.
- To use excellent analytical and numerical skills to understand, interpret, and utilize data and information.
- To work closely with Demand planning/Marketing to understand business shifts and improve forecast accuracy.
- To improve utilization of inventory and to reduce excess stock in the Supply Chain.
- To work closely in cross functional teams as representative for Supply Chain Planning.
- To lead discussions and expedite solutions related to Supply Chain disruptions and problems.
- To prioritize workload to achieve deadlines in all areas.
- Effectively organize, conduct and follow up on meetings. Demonstrates project management skills.
- To provide ongoing support and maintenance of ERP systems for changes, validation testing and upgrades.
- Job holder will comply with company values on Health, Safety, Environmental and Business Conduct and will adhere to all Corporate and local policies, practices and procedures.
- To travel and visit both domestic and international plants up to 20%.
- Bachelor’s Degree level education in Business, Engineering or Supply Chain related field.
- APICS certification preferred, or on the path to completing the Certification in the next 12 months.
- Experience in Manufacturing or Supply Chain role required.
- Experience in an ERP/DRP/MRP system (preferably SAP, JDE, BPCS).
- Demonstrated knowledge of planning systems (SAP preferred).
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Advanced understanding of MRPII, parameters, inputs and outputs.
- Understand inputs to the budgeting process and financial impact to manufacturing operations
- Understands how statistical forecasts are generated and inputs(NPI, EOL, gained/lost customers, promotions, etc.) that bridge difference between statistical and consensus forecasts
- Experience with MS Office (Access & Excel focus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Experience as a member of a project team
- Excellent analytical skills (demonstrated by experience with LEAN/SIX SIGMA or other problem solving techniques)
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.