Cardinal Health Retail Pharmacist PRN (Community Health Center) in Atlanta, Georgia
Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
Community Health Center Pharmacist
Cardinal Health Community Health Center programs are designed and created specifically for healthcare facilities. Our comprehensive suite of pharmaceutical solutions, allows us to address population health management needs across the continuum of care, from HRSA compliance to medication adherence. Serving the patient is our main priority, and that’s why our solutions improve patient access and increase quality of care.
Cardinal Health is looking for a highly motivated pharmacist to work in a company owned retail contract pharmacy. Our pharmacists play an important role in delivering medication and pharmaceutical care in communities that are most in need. This includes immunizations, patient consultation, medication therapy management, and management of high risk patients.
- Under the direct supervision of manager, this position is responsible for dispensing and ensuring safe and efficient delivery of medications to all customers.
- Maintains open communication and is available to customers and practitioner sites for consultation
- Participates in supervision of technical staff
- Ensure pharmacy is compliant with best practices for 340B contract pharmacies
- Provide professional consultation to both patients and prescribers of partner health facility
- Completes pharmacy operational requirements by organizing and directing technicians' work flow; verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals; verifying order entries, charges, and inspections.
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy requires, PharmD preferred
- Pharmacist registration in the state where the position is located
- Immunization Certification or willing to become a certified immunizer within 90 days of hire
- Ability to work a flexible schedule
- Interpersonal relations and customer service skills
- 340B experience preferred
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.