Cardinal Health Director, Finance Operations and Collections in Bonifacio Global City, Philippines
What Finance Operations contributes to Cardinal Health
Finance Operations is responsible for core financial operation processes. This can include customer and vendor contract administration; customer and vendor pricing, rebates, billing vendor chargeback research and reconciliation; processing vendor invoices and employee expense reports for payment; fixed asset accounting for book and tax records; cash application; and journal entries.
- Demonstrates knowledge of financial processes, accounting policies, systems, controls, and work streams.
- Demonstrates experience working in a transactional finance environment coupled with strong internal controls.
- Possesses understanding of service level goals and objectives when providing customer support.
- Works collaboratively to respond to non-standard requests
- Possesses strong organizational skills and prioritizes getting the right things done.
What Collection contributes to Cardinal Health
Collections is responsible for the collection of customer accounts receivable, credit hold decisions, and the development and negotiation of payment plans.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills, able to diplomatically resolve conflict, and maintain positive customer relationships.
- Demonstrates knowledge of collection practices which can include developing and administering customer payment plans, dispute resolution, risk mitigation, etc.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and effectively navigate a variety of financial systems.
- Organizes workload effectively, proactively works with customers to ensure commitments are met, and raises issues and recommendations to management.
- Collaborate with credit to provide reserve recommendations as needed
- Bachelor’s and Advanced Degree in related field such as business management, accounting, finance or economics.
- 12+ years’ experience in related field
- Prior management experience with large teams of 100+ FTE’s in B2B environment
- Industry experience with large accounts in manufacturing, wholesale or distribution business
- SAP experience in B2B collections, cash applications, disputes and credit card processing
- Experience with credit approval and bad debt reserve policies and procedures
- Strong systems implementation experience in cash application and collections
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Provides leadership to managers and experienced professional staff; may also manage front line supervisors
- Manages an organizational budget
- Develops and implements policies and procedures to achieve organizational goals
- Assists in the development of functional strategy
- Decisions have an extended impact on work processes, outcomes, and customers
- Interacts with internal and/or external leaders, including senior management
- Persuades others into agreement in sensitive situations while maintaining positive relationships
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.