Cardinal Health Business Intelligence Quality Assurance Analyst in Brentwood, Tennessee
Overview of Position
TheBI QA (Quality Assurance) Analyst, under the general supervision of the Director of Data Engineering, is responsible for testing and assuring the quality of analytical and reporting solutions to support the operational and strategic imperatives of the organization. As a QA Technical Analyst, this position will be a part of Data Engineering technology team in an Agile development process.
This position will be overseeing and/or participating in all aspects of project testing, business requirement analysis, data analysis, testing strategy, test case creation, test case execution, defect finding and metrics on testing/defect life cycle. The position will be overseeing BI QA test environments, providing technical guidance to less senior BI QA team members, and ensuring schedule adherence for assigned projects. This position will perform the analysis and testing activities, will participate in the. This position will be required to understand the Operations Processing and execution across all lines of business. Performing Q/A for programs developed and code changes made.
- Participate in requirements & use case/user story reviews .
- Provides accurate estimates for QA resources and testing schedules.
- Responsible for creating and/or overseeing the creation and approval of project test cases.
- Responsible for overseeing or generating all QA-related documentation.
- Ensuring adherence to standardized QA policies, processes and documentation standards.
- Execution of test cases and adherence to test schedule.
- Responsible for helping to mentor and develop other QA members of the BI team.
- Responsible for (re)testing QA/UAT/Production defect fixes.
- Responsible for being familiar with source code, version management, and code deployment standards and for utilizing this knowledge to ensure that QA processes and procedures for test environments are followed and that the integrity of the various environments is not compromised.
- Attends daily standup meeting and provide testing status.
- Provides weekly QA status reports.
- Attends biweekly sprint completion meeting and demo.
- Efficiently work in an Agile environment – both Sprint and KanBan.
- 4+ years of experience in software quality assurance working on BI/DWH projects.
- 4+ years of experience testing in one or more of the following environments: BI Testing, RDBMS testing, UI testing for SSRS and/or Tableau, and Functional testing.
- 4+ years of experience with any major RDBMS, preferably MS SQL Server, and the ability to write SQL queries using table joins.
- 2+ year experience testing BI Reports.
- 2+ year experience with BI tools – SSRS, Tableau, SSAS, etc.
- Strong knowledge of a typical Agile, SDLC, and SQA methodology.
- Excellent troubleshooting, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Excellent testing resource planning and test scheduling skills.
- Ability to produce effective software test plans and test cases.
- Ability to write quality defects and work directly with developers to resolve the defects.
- Solid understanding of build tools and software configuration management standards.
- Ability to communicate and work closely with other teams and/or team members.
- Understanding of Data Warehouse concepts, star schema models, database design concepts and architecture for data warehouse is a big plus.
- 2+ SQA experience working within an Agile development framework is preferred.
- 3+ years of experience as a test lead is preferred.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task and follow through on assignments to completion.
- Ability to prioritize work with tight schedules and target dates.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as part of a high-performing team.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field.
NaviHealth partners with health plans, health systems and post-acute providers to manage the entire continuum of post-acute care. We utilize evidence-based protocols to optimize care and bundled payment methodologies to align all stakeholders. The result: optimized care and outcomes, reduced inpatient days, reduced hospital readmissions, and increased patient satisfaction.
naviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.