Cardinal Health Business Intelligence Systems Analyst I in Brentwood, Tennessee
naviHealth is the result of over a decade of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for PAC management solutions. We do healthcare differently and we are changing healthcare one patient at a time. How might you ask? By hiring talented clinicians, engineers, developers, and healthcare leaders to create and utilize cutting edge technology in order to provide the patient with the best level of care for the right amount of time.
Why Is This Role Critical?
Drive alignment of Data Engineering delivery to strategic business direction in a way that maximizes business value, mitigates business risk, and optimizes business investment.
This role sits at the intersection between Business and Information Technology. The Business Intelligence Systems Analyst I uses critical thinking, analysis, and strong interpersonal communication to bring Business stakeholders of the Data Engineering Department together with Technical experts in the creation of Data-Driven Products and Solutions. Data Engineering Products and Solutions can include various reporting assets, data models, data management tools, business rule transformations, dashboard assets or a combination of these components that ultimately enable the formation of data-driven insights.
- Responsible for creative thinking, business analysis, systems and data analysis that translates the business definition of success into a data-driven solution that Engineering resources can execute.
- Responsible for prioritizing the backlog in accordance with the Product Roadmap.
- Responsible for developing requirements artifacts that define an executable/ready backlog (user stories, mappings, flow diagrams) (“Definition of Ready”).
Solutions and Business Analysis
- Understand data availability in different source applications, data file feeds, publicly posted data-sets, existing Data Warehouse models (etc.) and communicate that knowledge to business parties and technical experts through appropriate communication (ex: “source to target” documentation, user stories, report layout mock-ups, data prototyping).
- Driving Data Engineering requests towards a state of development readiness. This involves running grooming sessions of backlog items with Development and QA resources, reviewing requirements with business stakeholders to achieve business sign-off/acceptance, and resolving outstanding questions that are critical path to the success of the request.
- Conducting business stakeholder interviews to ascertain the business problem behind a given request. Interviews would include value-add activities to (1) elicit true business pain points or needs behind an initial request and (2) convey an understanding of the technical/data possibilities. Drive toward shared understanding of success with the business.
- Attending Daily Stand-Ups with developers to identify risks to commitments due to new information. Keep Development/QA to commitment on track.
- Participating in Sprint Demo sessions as a pre-cursor to User Acceptance Testing (UAT) following the completion of Development and QA. Insure that development work meets the acceptance criteria of the request.
- Facilitating UAT with business stakeholders to drive towards sign-off and acceptance of changes. Perform triage to determine if UAT inquiries are (1) non-issues, (2) defects to committed requirements, or (3) new requests and handle each accordingly.
What you will be accountable for….
- Accountable for maintaining an executable/ready backlog (“the what”).
- Accountable for insuring the acceptance criteria are met by Project Team(s) (“Definition of Done”).
What you will need to be successful in this role….
- College degree or equivalent experience in a mathematical or computational field (ex: Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Informatics, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to “think like a programmer” (ex: Python coursework, SQL coursework, data analysis coursework, etc.).
- Desire to augment Technology skills with business exposure.
- Demonstrated ability to build business cases or define business problems.
- Desire to be close to technology to better understand how technology can help solve business problems.
- Desire to augment Business skill with Technology exposure.
- Common Denominators.
- Passion for data and data driven solutions.
- Strives to solve Business Problems, NOT Technology problems.
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Strong computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of software applications.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong analytical & problem-solving skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Effectively deals with ambiguity.
- Strong presentation skills.
We care about the people we serve.
We care about each other.
We care about our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
NaviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.