Cardinal Health Director, Health Services Support in Brentwood, Tennessee
naviHealth is the result of over a decade of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for PAC management solutions. We do healthcare differently and we are changing healthcare one patient at a time. How might you ask? By hiring talented clinicians, engineers, analysts, and healthcare leaders to create and utilize cutting edge technology to provide the patient with the best level of care for the right amount of time.
The naviHealth Director of Health Services Support will be responsible for the end-to-end Health Services Support Teams, inclusive strategic direction, customer and market service delivery, and long term operational success. This role is responsible for operational oversight and strategic planning for central, non-clinical, departments that service our growing Provider and Health Plan Services Business. Delivering service level excellence to our clients and internal stakeholders, in conjunction with managing the auxiliary components required to position our support services for scale, inclusive of Compliance and regulatory, Product, and Human Resource advisement, are core responsibilities under the umbrella of this role. Additionally, with strategic investment toward improved scalability and standardization of a leaner and more replicable delivery model, this role will oversee the integration of key business transformation projects as it relates to how we integrate technology and service partners into our Central or Enterprise Operations teams. In addition, the Director is responsible for ensuring all processes are governed under internal and external Compliance and regulatory mandates. The Director will ensure that all applicable teams are governed under policy, process, and procedure that is reflective of the organization’s mission and goals. Finally, the Director, with guidance from the VP of Enterprise Operations, is responsible for driving an efficient and effective Department that operates within budgetary and fiscal parameters as set by the VP.
- Owns operational direction and success of Health Service and central support teams inclusive of Health Plan Correspondence Team, Health Plan Support Team, Anchor Team, Humana IIC Team, and additional teams that may grow into central-service scope.
- Developing and driving execution within all team Managers via clear goal setting, defining success, and managing to evolving market and business needs.
- Provides consistent leadership development for all departmental Managers.
- Aligns with both clinical and non-clinical onboarding and learning/development teams to ensure our larger colleague base is properly trained in all relevant functions of the roles and partners with Human Resource and Health Service Leadership on continued development opportunities.
- Collaborates with the Quality Department leadership to identify need and deliver ample colleague education to improve Departmental performance.
- Reviews all performance analytics and KPIs including monthly dashboards, quarterly reports, and other reports as needed to ensure SLAs are within contractual and organizational standards.
- Owns all client-level contractual mandates associated with central service performance and structures departmental delivery accordingly.
- Proactively engages with Operations Strategy and Finance Teams to understand market dynamic and volume shifts, inclusive of seasonality, episode, membership, and other market variables that influence staffing and performance delivery.
- Ensures that quality, performance and productivity standards are met by the Department to gain maximum efficiency and optimum internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Develops relationships with key internal and external customers such as Clinical Team Managers and Sr. Managers, General Managers, Network Managers, client key contacts and other operational leaders.
- Maintains and ensures adherence to promotional and employee appreciation budgets.
- Leadership sign-off for all client process developments and changes within Health Service Support teams.
- Ensures standard processes are appropriately documented, distributed, and implemented and updated as required. .
- Adheres to and demonstrates knowledge about all applicable contract requirements for service delivery, data integrity and privacy, along with NCQA standards and CMS regulatory requirements.
- Identifies strategic areas for service delivery opportunities and ensures execution of department and market process improvement initiatives.
- Provides leadership and subject matter expertise during new contract implementation process and ensures effective delivery for new clients.
- Drives the naviHealth culture among assigned team and department to ensure maximum associate engagement and performance.
- Attends senior leadership meetings to report on operations, metrics, customer satisfaction, utilization, and quality indicators.
- Engages Product, Engineering, Compliance, and Operations Technology teams to align structural changes within the team and delivery approach to strategic implementation and technological enhancements within our core Care Management platform and business model.
- Performs all other duties as requested in support of the departmental and organizational goals.
- Sr. Manager – Health Plan Support Team
- Sr. Manager – Health Plan Correspondence Team
- Minimum 5-7 years healthcare operations or administration experience to include demonstrated leadership.
- Minimum 5 years of healthcare management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Previous experience managing a team of non-exempt and professional associates required.
- Experience in managing a P&L or large opex budget.
- Strong problem solving, conflict resolution and negotiating skills.
- Adept strategic vision and cross-departmental, “big picture,” thinking with ability to understand the enterprise and service continuum from start to finish.
- Familiarity with federal HIPAA and CMS regulations required.
- Experience in healthcare admissions/intake, pre-registration, registration, admissions, financial services, or hospital operations preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills.
- Mastery of Microsoft Office applications including Outlook, Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong preference for experience with EMRs, patient accounting, or care management systems.
- Independent problem identification/resolution and decision-making skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Must be able to prioritize, plan, and handle multiple tasks/demands simultaneously.
- Advance reporting and analytics skills required.
- Team player.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a climate controlled office environment.
- Vision and Hearing must be adequate to perform job duties.
- Must be available to work some weekends and holidays as needed.
- Some travel may be required.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.