Cardinal Health Healthcare Data Analyst in Brentwood, Tennessee
Overview of Position/Basic Job Description
naviHealth is seeking an experienced healthcare analyst, to support all analytical needs with respect to a portfolio of client relationships. This is an extremely analytical, individual-contributor role requiring healthcare experience, critical thinking skills, independence, leadership, strategic mindset, attention to detail, and an ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Experience with value-based care models and especially the CMS Bundled Payments for Care Improvement (BPCI) Initiative is ideal.
- Research, analyze, present results, and recommend intelligent solutions to solve problems and address business challenges by applying a knowledge of data analysis, critical-thinking skills, and healthcare experience/expertise.
- Structure analytical results in an organized, visual manner to tell a meaningful, actionable story.
- Write SQL queries, create end-user reports, and apply varying analytical techniques to solve specific business problems.
- Perform data scrubbing, trouble-shooting, quality checking, and usability analysis to identify anomalies, which need to be addressed prior to delivery of analytic results.
- Establish trusting professional relationships with internal senior business customers.
- Maintain alignment of expectations and priorities in autonomous fashion.
- Supports team leadership by periodically representing analytics team in executive-level client-facing engagements.
- 3+ years of experience working as an analyst, preferably in the health care industry, particularly with administrative healthcare claims and provider data preferred.
- Experience working with Medicare and Commercial paid claims data sets. Other applicable data sets include Census, Eligibility, and Membership data sets.
- Experience working with large data repositories and/or relational databases.
- Reasonable experience with Structured Query Language (SQL) required. Ability to learn/adapt to new analytic toolsets (such as Tableau) is a must.
- Expertise in MS Excel, with proficiency using formulas, PivotTables, linked worksheets, graphing and other reporting and presentation features.
- Ability to tell a succinct, meaningful, and actionable story with data using visualization and other techniques.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously with minimal supervision.
- Excellent computer, organization, and project management skills.
- Ability to quickly adapt to changes in both technology and business environments.
- Ability to analyze data, and apply investigative skills in resolving issues.
- Ability to troubleshoot technical and functional problems.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to produce clear, written operational instructions and supporting documentation.
- Highly self-motivated and directed with keen attention to detail.
- Knowledge of HIPAA compliance and security requirements as it relates to healthcare data.
naviHealth partners with health plans, health systems and post-acute providers to manage the entire continuum of post-acute care. We utilize evidence-based protocols to optimize care and bundled payment methodologies to align all stakeholders. The result: optimized care and outcomes, reduced inpatient days, reduced hospital readmissions, and increased patient satisfaction.
naviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.