Cardinal Health Senior Business Intelligence Developer in Brentwood, Tennessee
Overview of Position
The Sr. Business Intelligence Developer, under the direction of the Director of Data Engineering, is responsible for producing quality analytical and reporting solutions that support the operations and strategic imperatives of the organization. As part of the Data Engineering Team, this person will be responsible to move, integrate, and transform data into business insight using full Microsoft BI (MSBI) Stack – SQL/T-SQL, SSIS, SSRS, and SSAS. Knowledge and experience in Tableau will be a big plus.
This is a hands-on development-focused role. The preferred candidate will possess top-notch technical skills and experience in full stack MSBI development with a strong focus on customer service & quality.
- Analyze business needs to produce data warehouse/business intelligence solutions in support of naviHealth’s BI strategy.
- Produce quality & timely deliverables as part of data warehouse project team(s).
- Design and develop Data Warehouse ETL processes in SSIS & SQL Stored Procedures.
- Design and develop Reports from Data Warehouse using SSRS & SQL Stored Procedures.
- Perform peer reviews and take ownership to ensure quality of data in data warehouse.
- Become expert in very short time in existing BI solutions to troubleshoot and correct issues.
- Efficiently work in an Agile environment – both Sprint and KanBan.
- Production support on a rotating basis.
- Contribute to build team knowledge base
- Able to take additional responsibility over time to perform design and development of Data Warehouse database schema(s) & structures.
- Able to take additional responsibility over time to perform design and development of Data Warehouse Cubes – Dimensional, Tabular, Relational, and Multidimensional OLAP cubes.
- 7+ years of experience with ETL Design & development using Microsoft BI stack, including SQL and SSIS in Data Warehouse setting.
- 2+ years of experience with Tableau solution development, and integration with existing architecture and data engineering assets.
- Must have expertise in SQL and SSIS.
- Familiarity with database design and architecture for data warehouse is a plus.
- Experience with architecting, designing, implementing, managing and supporting OLTP, OLAP or Warehouse Database Management Systems is a big plus.
- Understanding of quality assurance and data quality principals as applied to an ETL architecture is a plus.
- 6+ months of experience in SSAS (Dimensional and Tabular), SSRS, DAX, MDX, and other components is a plus.
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, time management and organizational skills.
- Able to multi-task and follow through on assignments to completion.
- Ability to prioritize work with tight schedules and target dates.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment as part of a high-performing team.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
NaviHealth partners with health plans, health systems and post-acute providers to manage the entire continuum of post-acute care. We utilize evidence-based protocols to optimize care and bundled payment methodologies to align all stakeholders. The result: optimized care and outcomes, reduced inpatient days, reduced hospital readmissions, and increased patient satisfaction.
naviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.