Cardinal Health Software Release Coordinator in Brentwood, Tennessee
naviHealth is the result of over a decade of dedicated visionary leaders and innovative organizations challenging the status quo for post-acute care management solutions. We do healthcare differently and we are changing healthcare one patient at a time. How might you ask? By hiring talented clinicians, engineers, developers, and healthcare leaders to create and utilize cutting edge technology in order to provide the patient with the best level of care for the right amount of time.
Why Is This Role Critical?
Do you love helping others? Do you enjoy coming up with innovative and exciting ways of doing things? Do you thrive while working with others that share your same values? Based in Nashville, TN, naviHealth is one of the premier companies managing Post-Acute Care, and is seeking Release Coordinator within the Software Engineering department to support all activities that are required for regular deployments of key software applications. This is a very important role in a highly collaborative Team that will provide a rich experience in healthcare and software release management.
Our ideal candidate is someone who walks into a room of people and can’t leave without making a few friends, and someone who is motivated by helping others and is creative, thoughtful, and great at building relationships.
What you will be accountable for….
- Collaborate with the Release Manager to create and manage release schedules
- Plan and communicate how a release will be managed, including risk/issue management, change control, and communication plan
- Manage risks, dependencies, and resolve issues that affect release scope, schedule, and quality. Work closely with DevOps and QA to ensure that each release is completed with quality and meets established development standards for code management.
- Ensure that all Agile teams and stakeholders understand and are held accountable for release deliverables, scope, and timeline
- Manage relationships and coordinate between different Agile teams, testing groups, and training teams involved in the overall product release cycle
- Work closely with Product Management to reduce opportunity for change after scope is fixed for a given release
- Facilitate regular status meetings, critical release ceremonies (release readiness / UAT feedback, milestone reviews, business Go/No-Go reviews), and communicate release progress to all levels of stakeholders
- Own creation of run logs and release plan
- Manage software configuration changes and approve software deployments to environments
- Consolidate release notes from each team on the release train
- Guide the Agile teams to follow existing and updated release processes, as well as help to refine and continually improve processes
What you will need to be successful in this role….
- Bachelor degree in MIS, Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- 3+ years of previous release and/or IT project management experience
- Experience with both waterfall and Agile project management principles
- Strong computer skills to include proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio
- Excellent written and verbal communication, professional writing, and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in working with colleagues, other departments, management, and customers
- Ability to work in a fluid, fast-paced environment and remain appropriately detail-oriented
- Demonstrated customer service and organizational skills
- Independent thinker and ability to work autonomously
- Solid understanding of SDLC and software release cycle
- PMP or CSM certification
- Familiarity with Agile software development processes
- Experience with JIRA or similar issue tracking software
- Experience in a Quality Assurance role, preferably in software delivery
- Experience with code management (e.g. – git, tfs, stash)
- Experience with deployment tools or scripts (e.g. – go, octopus, capistrano)
- Experience with test automation and/or test automation reporting
naviHealth is a pioneer in care transitions with a combined unprecedented 18 years of experience that uniquely positions us to manage and share risk with our partners. As a Cardinal Health company, we provide clinical support alongside scaled technology and advisory solutions that empower health systems, health plans, and post acute providers to navigate care episodes across the continuum, with the goal of reducing waste and improving patient outcomes
Our first priority is those we serve.
We care about each other.
We serve our communities.
We embrace innovation.
We like simple.
NaviHealth ™ is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. We are committed to attracting, retaining and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.