Cardinal Health Director of Sales - Mid Atlantic in Charlotte, North Carolina
Reporting to the Vice President Sales the Director of Sales calls upon assigned incumbent and potential new customers in all market segments in an effort to increase market share of the company’s products. The Director of Sales is responsible for base business protection, new product launches, customer expansion and lost sales recapture in the assigned region. The focus is to drive profitable growth either through direct sales or indirect wholesaler product pull through on Major / Rugby products.
Major Rugby is a division within Cardinal Health’s Pharmaceutical Segment.
- Develops and executes on regional business plans to meet or exceed revenue and profit targets.
- Executes region business plan of growth / retention / expansion opportunities developed from GPO / IDN / LTC Customers. Owns the regional new business, expansion, retention and lost sales recapture sales budget.
- Develops and coordinates with appropriate internal stakeholders pricing proposals, quotations and/or bid responses and advises customers of credit terms.
- Manages IDN and LTC contracting initiatives in assigned region. Manages GPO / IDN / LTC Customers to drive contract compliance and participation by taking a leading role in creating awareness within the membership of new items, special buys, etc., and encouraging membership to request our items are maintained in wholesaler’s inventory.
- Travels to assigned geographical region to call on incumbent and prospective customers.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps and manages team expense accounts.
- Reports on competitive activities, competitive pricing and new product opportunities on a frequent basis.
- Owns the success of product launches in assigned region.
- Works with inside contract, chargeback and CRM tool to keep account contacts, activities and pipeline information up-to-date.
- Develops and maintains relationships with appropriate personnel at distribution centers to drive appropriate compliance and inventory levels.
- Frequently reports on competitive pricing and competitive initiatives.
- Supports the investigation and resolution of customer service issues as needed in assigned region.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Attends trade shows and industry / customer conferences, as appropriate.
- Manages expenses appropriately and to the expense policy.
- Adaptability: Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
- Analytical: Synthesizes complex or diverse information; collects and researches data; uses intuition and experience to complement data; designs work flows and procedures.
- Attendance / Punctuality: Is consistently at work and on time; arrives for meetings and appointments on time.
- Business Acumen: Understands business implications of decisions; displays orientation to profitability; demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; aligns work with strategic goals.
- Change Management: Develops workable implementation plans; communicates changes effectively; builds commitment and overcomes resistance; prepares and supports those affected by change; monitors transition and evaluates results.
- Cost Consciousness: Works within approved budget; conserves organizational resources.
- Customer Service: Manages difficult customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits internal and external customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments.
- Delegation: Delegates work assignments; matches the responsibility to the person; sets expectations and monitors delegated activities; provides recognition for results.
- Dependability: Responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; keeps commitments; commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Diversity: Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; shows respect and sensitivity to cultural differences.
- Ethics / Professionalism: Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; works with integrity; inspires the trust of others; upholds organizational values; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Innovation: Displays original thinking and creativity; generates suggestions for improving work; meets challenges with resourcefulness; develops innovative approaches and ideas; presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others’ attention.
- Interpersonal: Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Judgment: Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; supports and explains reasoning for decisions; includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Oral Communication: Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings.
- Organizational Support: Follows policies and procedures; completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization's goals and values.
- Problem Solving / Innovation: Meets challenges with resourcefulness; identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative and innovative solutions; works well in group problem solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Quality: Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity: Meets productivity standards; strives to increase productivity.
- Team Work: Balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone's efforts to succeed; recognizes accomplishments of other team members.
- Written Communication: Writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university with an emphasis on business administration, marketing, healthcare or a similar discipline preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years demonstrating progressively responsible positions in sales management; GPO, IDN management. Industry experience a plus.
- Language Ability: Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Reasoning Ability: Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Computer Skills: To perform this job successfully, an individual should be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet Explorer. Knowledge of Company’s proprietary FACTS and CRM systems is preferable.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.