Cardinal Health Field Service Supervisor in Chicago, Illinois
The Field Service Supervisor (FSS) is an M1 level position within the Cardinal Health Inventory Management Solutions (CIMS) Professional Services Organization.
The FSS will have direct management responsibility of a field based team who is contracted to manage customer-owned inventory or perform other outsourced supply chain services. The FSS may also be contracted to perform similar tasks. The FSS is anticipated to be deployed to billable customer projects 40% of the year (2 days a week) and may travel up to 60% of the time in support of customer requirements, new customer implementation, and general team management. The FSS may also provide oversight for and perform tasks associated with improving customer’s inventory management practices.
A key requirement for this role is to conduct business dealings with customers in a way that creates a superior customer experience, starting with initial implementation as well as account management functions. Commitment to deadlines and outcomes is critical.
The successful FSS is a dynamic team leader, has knowledge of hospital supply chains in all areas of the hospital, is an expert in suture and endomechanical product lines and best demonstrated management of those products, is a self-starter, has excellent communication skills, is well organized, and is comfortable and experienced in contacting and conversing with senior business executives, clinicians and inventory technicians. A successful FSS will possess a demonstrated ability to develop strong business relationships, have a collaborative approach in a team environment, possess strong interpersonal and communicative skills and hold themselves accountable to the highest level of standards.
- Bachelors degree or equivalent work experience
- 3-5 years experience
- Operating Room product knowledge including but not limited Suture and Endomechanical product
- Acute Hospital Supply Chain operations knowledge
- Strong leadership skills
- Analytical and strategic thinking
- Self-motivated with a solution-oriented approach
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Lean Six Sigma Certification or PMP Certification Preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Must provide proof of, and maintain current immunizations and obtain additional immunizations appropriate for the facility which enables access to customer sites in order to perform essential job functions. Proofs must include: Hepatitis B, Influenza (current year), MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), Varicella (chicken pox) Annual TB/PPD (skin test), Tetanus/Diphtheria/Pertussis
- Ability to travel 60% of time
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.