Cardinal Health Buyer/Planner in Chicopee, Massachusetts
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Under the general direction of the Purchasing Manager, this position buys indirect (MRO) raw materials and manages inventories to ensure a controlled flow of approved materials to meet production and internal requirements.
What Materials Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Materials Management is responsible for the management of material inventory levels to ensure that raw material components and manufactured products are available when needed to satisfy the plant and customer requirements. Responsibilities include the planning and procurement of material components to minimize obsolescence and overstock situations while achieving maximum customer service levels
Include the following. Other duties may be assigned:
1. Responsible for seeing that all tasks are performed in a manner that complies with Cardinal's Total Quality Management commitment. Comprehends and understands Cardinal's Guide to Business Conduct.
2. Maintains requirements and orders in BPCS MRP system as required.
3. Purchase MRO materials to facilitate the execution of production schedules. Communicate any outages to management as needed.
4. Manages Kanban items such as pallets and warehouse stores inventories such as PPE within the guidelines set by management.
5. Coordinates with Unipatch Customer Service and Chicopee Manufacturing to meet fill rate and back orders for intercompany SKU’s.
6. Work with Product Managers, Manufacturing and R&D in support of changes to product specifications.
7. Assist in the control and disposition of Slow Moving Obsolete Off-Grade Goods (SMOOG).
8. Assist in the processing of the Supplier Corrective Action Report (SCAR) including return and replacement of product.
9. Direct supplier activities to maximize quality, control total cost and maintain on time deliveries.
10. Support integration efforts of the business with regard to corporate acquisitions and product line transfers.
11. Maintain reporting requirements outlined by the Purchasing Manager.
12. Maintain Chicopee’s Purchasing Data Analyzer (PDA) in support of corporate requirements.
DEPARTMENT SPECIFIC/NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
1. Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
- Bachelor degree, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience
- Proficient in Microsoft office
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Strong general computer skills (Microsoft office, database experience, AS400)
Knowledge of college math
The working environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of employees assigned to this position.
Employee Signature: Date:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Amount of Time
None<1/3 1/3 to 2/3 >2/3
(Never) (Occasional) (Frequent) (Regular)
1. Stand X
2. Walk X
3. Sit X
4. Use Hand to Finger, Handle or Feel X
5. Reach with Hands and Arms X
6. Climb or Balance X
7. Stoop, Kneel, Crouch or Crawl X
8. Talk or Hear X
9. Taste or Smell X
10. Lift up to 10 lbs. X
11. Lift up to 25 lbs. X
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies comprehensive knowledge and a thorough understanding of concepts, principles, and technical capabilities to perform varied tasks and projects
- May contribute to the development of policies and procedures
- Works on complex projects of large scope
- Develops technical solutions to a wide range of difficult problems. Solutions are innovative and consistent with organization objectives
- Completes work independently receives general guidance on new projects
- Work reviewed for purpose of meeting objectives
- May act as a mentor to less experienced colleagues
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.