Cardinal Health Consultant, Inventory Management in Cleveland Clinic, Ohio
What Inventory Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Inventory Management is accountable for the design and execution of demand planning and customer forecasting systems; supply planning, product deployment and expediting processes; and the development and implementation of a stocking optimization model to minimize costs and inventory while delivering on service requirements.
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of universally accepted inventory management concepts and applicable SOPs.
- Independently analyzes customer demand, interprets trends and initiates needed changes.
- Creates, approves and implements SOPs.
- Applies theories to optimize forecasting and inventory systems.
- Uses data mining and analysis tools; provides analysis and recommendations based on results.
- Recommends and implements solutions to optimize inventory investment and maximize customer satisfaction.
- Involved in project management activities and processdevelopment/improvement.
- Communicates complex information so that it is easy to understand and influences other to take action based on the useful information provided.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Operations for functional success
- Works to understand complex functional situations by paying attention to the details of the tasks at hand and by breaking them down into smaller pieces.
- Collaborates with others and builds strategic alliances; negotiates to build broad-based support and/or persuades others in order to influence important outcomes.
- Ensures that customers have a positive experience; commits to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Identifies opportunities to improve efficiency while providing flawless transactions, services and products; manages monetary assets and other resources to optimize cost effectiveness.
- Measures and evaluates the effectiveness of protocols, programs or deliverables; compares measurement results to standards and takes immediate action to close gaps identified.
Accountabilities in this role
- Customizes inventory strategies to ensure product availability, maximize service level and prevent stock outs.
- Streamlines the execution of Cardinal Health Source switches and NDC changes from both a demand and allocation perspective.
- Allocates availability issue stock by using trend data and working with sales
- Analyzes new/changing customer usage and takes appropriate actions to plan for demand changes.
- Works closely with the other Inventory Management teams as well as Customer Service, Sales and Operations teams to understand and align product supply with customer demand in addition to answering product questions
- Tracks, analyzes and reports on key performance metrics.
- Strives to understand others' opinions and build agreement among team members; utilizes others' ideas and suggestions to shape solutions.
- Responsible for working with corporate inventory functions to meet service level and DIOH targets.
- Works independently to identify current service level issues and determines the best sources of data for pinpointing the problem; effectively leads the coordination and resolution of those issues.
- Creates and maintains SOP's.
- Relays critical information for customer communications.
- Demonstrates a commitment to meeting service expectations or fulfilling service agreements; consistently meets customers' needs.
- Responsible for sales and operational planning by partnering with the local DC inventory teams.
- Create, document, and implement new processes with sales, the local DC teams, and corporate inventory functions to help improve supply chain efficiencies.
- Owns ParMed generic launch strategy- includes collaboration with corporate inventory management and Generic Launch teams, forecasting, implementations, tracking products, and score-carding results
- Daily sales reporting for items that are on backorder, back in stock, and daily activity reporting
- Responsible for strategies and execution around opportunity buying, speculation purchasing, promotional planning, SKU rationalization, large order requests, and special buys
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 5+ years experience
- Previous supply chain experience
- Previous experience using data warehouse inventory management systems
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong presentation skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.