Cardinal Health Sr. Consultant, Product Sales Specialist in Colorado, Colorado
For nearly half of a century, the Nuclear Pharmacy Services business of Cardinal Health has set the standard for the radiopharmaceutical industry. Nuclear Pharmacy Services, whose network of over 130 pharmacies fills 65% of radiopharmaceutical unit doses nationwide, has consistently demonstrated leadership through innovation and a commitment to excellence.
The Product Sales Specialist is responsible for developing opportunities, selling, growing and maintaining product utilization among targeted healthcare providers and administrators. The incumbent will drive revenue and profitability of our exclusive technology, to new and existing customers. They accomplish this through product and service differentiation. They will actively partner with sales representatives, distribution partners and directors in their respective geographies. The Product Sales Specialist will be held accountable for learning and maintaining a standard level of job knowledge related to their responsibilities, the product(s) they promote and the disease state they are utilized in. The incumbent may be present at appropriate venues such as customers sales calls, medical professional conferences, distributor meetings, internal company events, etc. The Product Sales Specialist will represent the company in a professional manner at all times and comply with all legal and regulatory guidelines.
Territory covers multiple states in the west.
- Implement sales strategies at the account and territory level.
- Develop productive, professional business relationships within institutions with all key prospective product users and purchasing influencers.
- Understand and comply with all provider institutional policies related to access and the introduction, education, evaluation, and usage of new pharmaceutical products (e.g.: formulary, vendor access).
- Understand and comply with all policies within each individual institution which govern the activities of sales representatives.
- Take responsibility and full accountability for achieving defined product sales forecast.
- Takes ownership for the territory business development strategy that includes referring physician specialties, hospital/imaging centers, and authorized suppliers.
- Conduct all activities within defined expense budget, unless otherwise directed.
- Communicate frequently with Director regarding progress, accomplishments, needs, and key observations related to the product, competitive products/approaches, and market dynamics.
- Ensure that only approved and current sales materials and messages are used.
- Manage productive relationships and activities with sales teams, distribution partners and internal stakeholders.
- Be very familiar with and observe all pharmacovigilance policies and procedures, and ensure that any product adverse events are reported promptly and through the appropriate channels.
- Learn, pass all assessments and maintain a standard level of knowledge related to assigned job responsibilities including product and disease state knowledge.
- Develop relationships with Key Opinion Leaders.
- Proactively identifies key issues and delivers efficient responses to business development opportunities.
- Perform other duties and activities as assigned.
- Bachelors degree preferred in marketing, business, health science, or other related field is required
- 5+ years of healthcare sales within a highly regulated industry
- Previous sales experience selling to surgeons, materials management, and C-suite desired
- Strong preference for experience selling and leading teams in the areas of clinical, diagnostic, imaging or lab products and/or services
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to build productive long term relationships at all levels, including with senior executives
- Excellent planning, forecasting, negotiation, communication and presentation skills required
- Valid driver's license
- Ability to travel 50-75% of time