Cardinal Health Manufacturing Engineer in Concord, Massachusetts
Cardinal Health Inventory Management Solutions (CIMS) is a rapidly growing platform that enables hospitals and medical device manufacturersto efficiently managethe inventory and usage of high value medical devices and implantables throughout the supply chain, all the way to the point of use. CIMS leverages advanced technologies such as RFID, NFC, and mobile, as well as a cloud-based advanced analytics platform.
The manufacturing engineer position develops and implements optimal, cost-effective manufacturing processes and methods in accordance with product specifications and quality standards; recommends and implements improvements to production processes, methods and controls; coordinates manufacturing launch for new or revised products and troubleshoots issues as they arise.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Evaluates manufacturing processes by designing and conducting research programs; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; conferring with equipment vendors; and soliciting observations from technicians.
- Develops manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment; conferring with vendors and design engineers.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout.
- Responsible for creating and maintaining standard operating procedures.
- Assists in improving a system of safety, quality control and training.
- Performs product/process analysis for cost reduction, quality improvement and improved efficiency.
- Assures product and process quality by assisting in the design of testing methods;; establishing standards; and confirming manufacturing processes.
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs.
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and requests.
- Maintains product and process data base.
- Upon completion of design and development projects will coordinate launch by training and guiding technicians.
- Takes part in design reviews delivering input as to the manufacturability of new and current prodcuts to the design team.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or related field.
Dealing with Complexity, Informing Others, Leadership, Supervision, Hardware Specifications, Manufacturing Methods and Procedures, Manufacturing Quality, Product Development, Presenting Technical Information, CAD, CAD/CAM Circuit Design
A positive, collaborative mindset and the ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- The desire to work in a small group where you can make a real impact on the success of the business.
- Command of Microsoft Office, specifically Excel; excellent communication and presentation skills, and extreme attention to detail.
- Accuracy and follow up skills are a MUST
- Ability to identify and manage priorities, work with minimal supervision
- Ability to multi-task in a very fast-paced work environment & meet strict deadlines
- Customer-centric mindset
- Ability to travel 25-50%
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.