Cardinal Health 7 on 7 off Overnight Pharmacy Technician in Corinth, Mississippi
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
This is a Full Time Pharmacy Technician position. The schedule will be 7 on and 7 off, Wednesday to Tuesday, 7p-6a. Often 7p-7a. This pharmacy is located within the Magnolia Regional Medical Center, which is managed by Cardinal Health.
What is expected of you and others at this level:
- Applies acquired knowledge and skills to complete standard tasks
- Readily learns and applies new information and methods to work in assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on routine assignments that require some problem resolution
- Works within clearly defined standard operating procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under moderate degree of supervision
- Work typically involves regular review of output by work lead or supervisor
- Refers complex unusual problems to supervisor
- Inputs patient data and prescription information into pharmacy information management system
- Assists the Pharmacist in filling prescription orders, as permitted by the State Boards of Pharmacy
- Prepares medications for dispensing, packaging and shipment.
- Enters medical supply orders in pharmacy system
- Maintains knowledge of and abides by applicable pharmacy laws and regulations
- Takes inventory, places orders, checks in drugs and supplies, stocks shelves and removes out-of-date items from the inventory
- Communicates with all customers (patients, clinics, care-givers, physicians) in a pleasant and professional manner
- High school degree or equivalent
- State Pharmacy Technician license required
- National pharmacy technician certification (PTCB) strongly preferred
- Previous experience working as a Pharmacy Technician is highly preferred
- In-patient hospital pharmacy experience highly preferred
- Ability to work well in a team
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Strong customer service skills required
- Comfortable performing repetitive motions/tasks is required
- Ability to manage several tasks at the same time; Ability to focus on tasks ; Ability to evaluate operating conditions ; Ability to exercise sound judgment
- Past IV experience is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to use technology such as computers, smart phones and tablets
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.