Cardinal Health Hospital Pharmacist PRN in Covington Northshore Spec, Louisiana
With over 45 years of experience in helping hundreds of hospital and outpatient pharmacies, we provide access to best practice strategies and tactics to control costs, improve workflow and enhance safety. Cardinal Health Innovative Delivery Solutions is one of the largest employers of acute-care pharmacist in the United States. Cardinal Health is the employer of choice for pharmacists because we offer a variety of career opportunities in pharmacy leadership, clinical specialties, remote order entry, business management, medication therapy management and more.
This is a PRN/As Needed Pharmacist position.
- Responsible for the day-to-day pharmaceutical care and management of patients
- Interacts with patients, health care providers, clinics, and prescribers involved with the patient
- Review prescriptions prior to dispensing and verify all questionable prescriptions
- Ensure appropriate storage of products in the facility and compliance with all laws, regulations, and accrediting agencies standards
- IV Compounding
- Help establish departmental policies and procedures
- Maintain the required number of continuing education credits to maintain credentials as required by each state license
- Assist ancillary personnel with purchasing, inventory control and other duties
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors degree in pharmacy required PharmD preferred
- 3+ years related pharmacy experience
- Currently licensed to practice pharmacy in State of opening or eligible to reciprocate
- In-patient hospital pharmacy experience is strongly preferred
- Ability to hear, write, and speak clearly in order to communicate with customers and health care professionals
- Strong customer service skills.
- Manual dexterity required for occasional reach, lifting and holding of small objects.
- Flexibility to work various shifts (weekends, holidays, on call).
- Computer savvy to learn and perform successful operation of multiple pharmacy information systems.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.