Cardinal Health Maintenance Tech - Nights in Crystal Lake, Illinois
In Crystal Lake, the Maintenance Technician I promotes team work. Responsibilities include maintaining overall performance of injection molding equipment that achieve production, quality and scrap standards through troubleshooting, maintaining and monitoring product, robots, and automation or auxiliary equipment. Trouble-shooting and repairing injection molding machines and robots inclusive of conducting tests and inspections on all mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical components.
This is 12- hour nights, from 6:30 p.m. - 6:30 a.m., Week 1 - 48 hours, week 2 - 36 hours.
Week 1: ON Sunday, Monday, Thursday, Friday
Week 2: ON Tuesday, Wednesday, Saturday
What Ops Maintenance contributes to Cardinal Health
Maintenance is responsible for managing the service life of company assets which is inclusive of physical building and utilities, manufacturing/ warehouse equipment and tooling, office devices and physical layout of facility. This responsibility is completed through the management of appropriate internal and external resources as needed to ensure the dependable and safe operations environment necessary for a given Cardinal facility. This group has responsibility for both corrective and preventative maintenance and the necessary systems to manage, schedule and record this activity.
- High School Diploma, GED or 1-3 months related work /training experience required
- 6 months previous work experience preferred, 2 or more years of previous work experience strongly preferred
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft office preferred
What is expected of you and others at this level
- Applies basic skills and techniques to complete routine tasks within assigned area
- Maintains appropriate licenses, training and certifications
- Works on basic and routine assignments
- Works within clearly defined Standard Operating Procedures and/or scientific methods
- Adheres to all quality guidelines
- Works under close supervision. All work is reviewed for accuracy
- Any deviations from the norm are approved by the supervisor before proceeding
- Repair and maintain all auxiliary and molding equipment, specifically Nissei, Netstal, Toshiba, Van Dorn, Mitsubishi and Husky, expediently to ensure the safe and efficient operation of all equipment required to maintain a positive and productive workplace.
- Troubleshoot and repair all electrical, hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems in the molding department (robotic systems, IMM, ultrasonic welders and other auxiliary equipment). Read blueprints and pneumatic and electrical schematics.
- Strong multi-tasking skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels throughout the organization and strong decision-making skills based on established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Ensure that all maintenance records and related paperwork are filled appropriately and kept in compliance with FDA & ISO standards.
- Maintain Plant Star ownership. Immediate follow up on Plant Star down time reason codes and correct down time code reasons if needed.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.