Cardinal Health Production Supervisor - 3rd shift in Deland, Florida
What a Manufacturing Management contributes to Cardinal Health
Manufacturing Management is responsible for strategic oversight and leadership direction within the Manufacturing function.
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
The primary purpose of this position is the supervision and coordination of manufacturing labor in the production operation (i.e. molding, grinding, inspection, assembly and/or packaging) of disposable hypodermic needles, syringes and associated products utilizing mechanized, manual and semi-manual operations. It is the supervisor’s responsibility to assure the machines meet scheduled goals and are manufactured in accordance with FDA, GMP regulations, ISO 13485 standards, and product design specification. All of these responsibilities are carried out in accordance with time, labor, and material cost standards.
- Supervision of hourly manufacturing employees include: continuing development, motivating, setting expectations, assessing performance and productivity (performance appraisals), organizing and assigning work, providing instruction and guidance in work performance.
- Interview and assist in selection of hourly manufacturing employees. Identify and complete requisitions as needed to fill open positions. Training and development of hourly manufacturing employee; including but not limited to on the job training, safe work habits and good housekeeping
- Adhere to plant/corporate policies/procedures; work rules and regulations; all Company, plant, state, and federal safety and environmental rules and regulations; Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP's), and ISO13485 standards. Issues corrective action for violations in accordance with approved plant guidelines as necessary
- Stay current on all department and plant procedures related to the job, which can affect the quality of products and/or services to our customers.
- Assure the effectiveness and accuracy of equipment and tooling used in the manufacturing operation.
- Assist in diagnosing equipment and tooling malfunctions.
- Coordinate the operation among the various departments in the effective utilization of skills, labor hours and materials to assure on time production and quality standard adherence.
- Anticipate production problems (i.e. material outages, equipment malfunctions), and where feasible, develop and implement preventive action to offset loss of production and/or poor quality production.
- Review and coordinate with focus factory engineering staff on production validations and projects as well as process problems. Provide information and data and collaborate with global support departments regarding cost reductions, work simplification, production scheduling, labor planning, and process improvement.
- Ensure the completion of all paperwork pertaining to finished product in accordance with established manufacturing guidelines and procedures.
- Assist in the planning and directing of periodic inventory within the department.
- Report any unusual circumstances to manager. Participate on or lead CAPA teams. Complete failure investigations as assigned. Drive continuous improvement in product cost and manufacturing processes; including identification of cost savings initiatives and leading cost reduction projects. Strive to improve the skills of associates by providing effective training, clear performance expectations, specific feedback on behaviors, effective coaching and mentoring, identifying and providing developmental opportunities, and accurate, timely performance appraisals. Environmental, Health and Safety (EHS) is a major cornerstone of this company’s beliefs. Working safely and protecting the environment are an essential part of an employee’s job performance and as such, all employees are responsible for the following position requirements:
Understand and abide by the plant EHS Policy
Understand and abide by the plant EHS Cardinal Rules
Follow all the standards, policies and procedures outlined in the EHS Program
Complete/Attend all EHS training sessions
Wear and/or use all required personal protective equipment while working
Immediately report hazardous conditions or environmental risks to your supervisor in order for the supervisor to ensure appropriate corrective action is implemented
Immediately report any job-related injury or illness to your supervisor, plant nurse, EHS department, HR or any member of management
- Preferred Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Engineering, Business, or related experience
- 2-5 years related manufacturing experience and/or training, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to plan, organize and prioritize
- Ability to make good judgment calls
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Getting work done through others that are not direct reports
- Motivating others
- Building relationships with other departments
- Interviewing and presentation skills
- Managerial experience
- Strong coaching and development skills
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.