Cardinal Health EMEA Supply Chain Advisor in Dublin CAH Office, Ireland
Supply Chain Advisor
At Cardinal Health, we're developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities
Provide analytical and technical Supply Chain support for your assigned product portfolio, geography, and functional scope. While working independently, performs Supply Chain activities, which may include demand planning, supply planning, and inventory management.
Job overview – this job exists to…
- Provide analytical, data gathering and planning support for an assigned product group
- Perform data gathering and analysis activities in selected areas, such as supply planning, demand planning, life cycle management, customer inventory management and allocation
- Work on process improvement and manage projects or product launches. Responsibilities:
- Maintain updated historic demand information and promotional plans
- Build mth. product volume forecasts based on historical demand information (or statistical model) & Marketing intelligence (Phase in, phase out, future promotional plans) & product mix forecasts based on historical mix information and marketing information.
- Load and maintain product forecasts in the Planning System
- Work closely with Supply Chain and Commercial partners in the context of S&OP process.
- Tender/Event management and demand scenarios
- Target setting: Support inventory target setting based on demand and supply variability.
- Understands the impact of manufacturing constrains in supply and inventory for service projections.
- Supports capacity planning and analysis with FG inventory & service implications.
- Participate/lead in manufacturing plan meetings, raising issues and potential solutions.
- Works closely with Supply Chain Management in Supply S&OP meetings.
- Responsible for replenishment settings/parameters.
- Monitors inbound and outbound WH operations.
- Linkage with Operations management and QRA for Field Actions and returns.
- Support global allocation policy definition with analyses as required and support analysis of exceptions
- Work closely with Supply Chain Management to prepare for SC Alignment meetings (Executive S&OP meetings)
Life cycle management
- Work with Marketing to develop SKU-level forecast.
- Conduct scenario-based analyses to evaluate launch options and develop contingency plans.
- Support operations in capacity planning analyses.
- Calculate optimal initial stock levels and phase-out plans.
Inventory management & allocation
- Meet inventory targets
- Define optimal network strategy
- Monitor customer inventory levels as reported by field
- Work with countries to develop & maintain country warehouse and customer consignment inventory targets based on historic demand & total available market size
- Work with marketing groups to make customer allocation decisions by analyzing historic demand, available supply and customer prioritization
- Conduct historic performance analysis & one-off root cause & scenario analyses as required
- Involved in trouble shooting and problem solving for process issues
- Participate in Supply Chain Business Planning
- Customer service (LIFR/BO)
- Inventory level
- SLOB Education and/or experience: MS degree in Engineering, Economics, Business, or equivalent industry experience is required; MBA is a plus. Supply Chain Planners normally have a minimum of 23 years industry or consulting experience in Supply Chain management. Previous data analysis as well as demand and supply planning experience is required; system knowledge, IM skills, distribution and/or inventory management are helpful. Candidate’s experience/background will be taken into account for planner level determination. Other skills and abilities: Demonstrated ability to manage time against multiple projects and priorities, and have strong data analysis, problem solving, and decision-making ability. Must be able to work effectively in a team environment, demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills and conducting presentations. Demonstrated ability to lead small to large projects and teams. Must have a high level of personal initiative and ability to function autonomously with a strong sense of urgency, self-confidence, and comfort with new and rapidly changing situations and environments. Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Access, PowerPoint) is required; and Supply Chain systems experience, ERP (JD Edwards / SAP) and SQL is a plus.
Cardinal Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.